Hotwire Entertainment, Review?

swantonbomb88

Reaction score
I had so much trouble making this site...
But i think it turned out pretty nice. I designed the site. I dont know coding, so i had someone from a different forum code it. Its been in production for about 3 months. You are probably wondering what this site is. Well, mainly it's a site where I will put videos I make and other stuff like that. But its also a community where you can post stuff. I will probably try to make a phpbb custom style to match the site, but its unlikely unless I find a tutorial. Same goes for the Wordpress Blog. So rate it, review it, and give me some feedback.

Heres the link:
http://hotwire.x10hosting.com/

sunils

Reaction score
The home page is simple and nice and thats the beauty. But i will give you some changes that could have made (just my ideas)

(1) In your home page you have a welcome note with a grey background. Could have been that same blue itself. just remove the grey background and make that letters little bold.
(2) About the blog, its ok
(3). About the fourm.
the login,register etc links at the top arent visible enough
and the text that reads board index
(4) for the video section too, could have removed that grey background

overall it looks good, nice job man.
these are the things what i prefer if it would have been designed for me. its up to you and to take it.

dunkjmcd

Reaction score
theres not much content on the homepage so since the main content is the videos how abouts merging your homepage and videos page on to the same page with the welcome text above your videos. at the end of the day there going to be jumping straight to that page anyways so why not save the users a click.

Dunk

swantonbomb88

Reaction score
theres not much content on the homepage so since the main content is the videos how abouts merging your homepage and videos page on to the same page with the welcome text above your videos. at the end of the day there going to be jumping straight to that page anyways so why not save the users a click.

Dunk

thanks for the feedback guys.
Anyway, i had a good Idea. Ill make another announcements box each time there is a new video, then have a page for older announcements.

as for the grey bg. it was supposed to have a background image, but the guy who coded it didnt do it. Also, there is supposed to be a search bar in the header, but once again, i dont know how to do it and the guy who coded it didnt. same for a plus minus thing for the announcements boxes.

anymore reviews?

Mekryd

Reaction score
It's clean, nothing much to say about it. The grey outlining the videos could possibly blend a bit better, and the site doesn't quite match the colour scheme of the forum. I honestly like the darker colours of the forum more than the light blues of the site.