How about my site?

redefinelove

Reaction score
http://redefinelove.net

Yes, I know there is an image missing. I can't fix that until I get my laptop back x.X;

Other then that little issue, what do you think? I know the forums and such are rather...dead. :/ But hey, hopefully we'll get more people interested.

xmakina

Reaction score
Very dark colour scheme for a site about love. White on black is more noir than loving.

Also, it seems to be pulling size from the monitor resolution, not window size, so I end up with a lot of left and right scrolling because I use my browser in window rather than maximised.

Only other thought is hitting the user with a wall of text, with no style pictures or much formatting is a fast way of making them leave.

vol7ron

Reaction score
There's an image missing :)

I like the concept, but
1) you should have some sort of hover effect to show that those links work on the left - i thought they were just placeholders til i read your note above about the forums. I was like, what forums? then i went back and noticed those links actually worked.

2) bad practice to have inner-page scrollbar unless you really have that much content on the page.

gptsven

Reaction score
yeah. I agree with the above posts. you are doing something about love! so go for a pink/red -isch style! when you adjust your layout too your theme it will be so much better!.

I made a fast drawing about how you could possibly layout your site!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a01ff336e5.png

click the above link to see the image:)

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
i don't mind the black/white. i think it's more artsy and edgy and i think they're trying to attract a different mood and crowd. as opposed to something warm and conformist.

it all depends on who their target audience is and based on the pictures, i dont think the target audience would like the pink, lovey-dovey thing.

gptsven

Reaction score
i didnt rly read what it was about. I just figured out something with love cuz of the name of the site lol :)

balaji2u

Reaction score
I just say this is not a suitable color for a love site.thats all.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Rating 5/10

It looks very good, so far. I would suggest that you get rid of the Iframe, I personally think that they look "noobish". Also I would break up your links a little more. And last I would add a banner or the name of your site at the top of the site.

~!Coldfirezz

redefinelove

Reaction score
I'll try individually replying to these comments when I get more computer time xD I'm limited at the moment. Thanks for the input though =]

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
I liked it!

The white on black works - tho I usually do not like like writing on black, wisely you kept the page narrow.

I thought the forum window contained within the main page borders was intresting, and maybe a good idea - otherwise when you go to the full [new page] format you seem to 'leave the site - as with most forums on a site.
Maybe leave both there and see what happens to traffic on AWstats.

I guess the image at the top is the missing one.

I thought the navigation lines were clear, but maybe you could make them larger, with light black / gray buttons

Great site
Edit:
HI,

i forgot,
What do you want to happen with the HMTL scrool info on the banner pages?

Would you consider testing out a different typeface? You are I think using Times Roman, a serif face. Try it with a non serif face as these are often easier to read on web pages- such as the obvious Verdana which bnearly all computers have as standard.

Best regards

Last edited: