how do you get icon

Ghost2025

Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering how you can set the little icon that is on the left of the address. For instance on this site it is the weird X guy

Ghost2025

Reaction score
Where it says upload the image with FTP.. how do you do that. i dont know how to upload anything with FTP

tittat

Reaction score
Where it says upload the image with FTP.. how do you do that. i dont know how to upload anything with FTP
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.You must have a FTP client installed. Eg:- FileZilla

If you don't know how to use FTP, you may upload your files via cpanel file manager.
Go to Cpanel>>Filemanager>> Upload your Files.
Please make sure you upload all your files to public_html folder.

Have question?? Please feel free to ask.

Ghost2025

Reaction score
Is uploading it with file manager the same as using an FTP client because i tried with the file manager from the Control panel and it didnt seem to work:dunno:

espfutbol98

Reaction score
It is called a favicon. It is a 16 by 16 px .ico image. You can get in the corner by making a <link> or you can put it in the document root and it will be on every page unless you say otherwise. You can make your own in Photoshop or you can make a .jpg and convert it online for free.

Ghost2025

Reaction score
Well whenever i put it in the document root it dosnt seem to work : ( i know it is an .ico img i have checked multiple times. how do you do the link to get it up there?

sarvar

Reaction score
This should fix the problem:

Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://example.com/favicon.ico">

Replace the href section with the url to the favicon file.

espfutbol98

Reaction score
The link is not necessary, you just need to wait about a day for the favicon to be the default. You only need the link if you want a different favicon from the default.

Ghost2025

Reaction score
Well necessary or not, it worked so thank you all for your help :biggrin: