How many members does your forum has?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcross77

Reaction score
As most people are running forums, I am just curious just how many members do you people each have ?

It seems that at present there are more members than there are unique members on the web. Personally my experience with forums are horrible.
I started on this forum business a year ago. Previously I shared a forum with one of my school friend. The forum was about retrogaming. It gathered 1210 members within 4 months. I had an important exam during the 5th month and was unable to visit the forum. My exam wasn't over yet when i received a call from my dear friend telling me that he had screwed up the database. We could have set up the board again and would have got all members back. But my genius friend decided to code his own forum and since it was his webspace i could not argue. The whole site closed down soon after.In anger my friend put all the blames on me and decided not to keep any contact with me. For personal reasons I am not revealing the name of my friend but if you have frequented gmailforums you might recognize him.

My second forum was with Sudhakar (http://forum.sudhakarjha.com), which some some of you know. There we collected 205 members within 6 months. Then some ingenious idea came over sudhakar and the decided converting the ipb forum to vbulletin using impex and screwed it all up. Now I do not know what he is doing but his forum has been unavailable for weeks.

Well I am fed up wit this forum stuff. i am going to the US next week for higher studies. if anyone needs an already setup vbulletin I shall be lad to provide my own. I will make you the admin and you have the complete freedom to do anything with it.

My forum is : http://www.technofunda.org/forum

Last edited:

limelight

Reaction score
52 and it has been up for a week I think. I can't belive how fast it has been growing.

forza

Reaction score
1, I have been installing mods and emoticons so i turned the board offline.

Alan S

Reaction score
i dont have a forum with x10 yet need to get an account first :coolugh::coolugh: ( hopefully i will and it will get approved ) but on my old smf forum i have 65 members and growing

Cynical

Reaction score
1 member. I have my forum just for my own use of tinkering around with stuff and seeing how IPB works.

daniel591992

Reaction score
I only got about 30 :(

I kinda gave up after a while. Too much work in my opinion. I felt like I was spending my whole life cheking the forums. Everytime I went online, I had a sudden urge to check on the forums. I decided to stop to do something useful, like leab something :D

careerbridge

Reaction score
I don't have a forum software.... But I have a similer system which I coded myself. I have 66 members at the moment (after 2 months of it's release)!!

Can I ask you something... how could you get some 1500 members with in a couple of months?? Many people commented here are successful with forums in short time

Anyway visit my site.... link is there on my signature.... :)

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
12 members.

most of our team, 1 test account, and a few random people from the internet.

The low number is mostly because we don't have much content on the site. Mostly because our team hasn't published a whole lot.

Once we get something to talk about i have a feeling it will shoot off.

michaelp

Reaction score
dino-m said:
LOL! I doesent see them!!:drool:

lol... that was 150 members and 2000 posts in 2 months when game was released... i deleted forum it was inactive... now we created new forum still inactive and its deleted again!

dharmil

Reaction score
Total number of registered users: 12
Total number of topics: 21
Total number of posts: 87

It has bien up for like a month or 2 but i have bien moding it so its bien offline a lot

My Forums : http://forum.dharmil.info/

Last edited:

[XiRE]

Reaction score
My forum was created 2 years ago on vBulletin. We took it down and put it back up running XennoBB.
Registered users: 5
Total number of topics: 10
Total number of posts: 16

Tomballa

Reaction score
465 Members
36,602 Posts

Forum is almost dead now b/c of co-admin taking over root admin account and messing everything up.
That actually was the third time a co-admin screwed me over

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.