How much do you download in a month?

How much (approximately) do you download in a month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Please be honest in this poll!

I want to know how much people here really download. I am currently restricted by a 25GB/month limit, with excess being reduced to 64kbps or pay for more data to download.

My ISP are starting to go towards unlimited in December, one of the 1st plans of its sort in the country (New Zealand). Currently NZ connections are limited to 5GB/month and all that, my cap is one of the biggest available (well ISP no longer offer it but it is one of the highest caps around, the only other one is 30GB which is $10 more and would have to change ISP).

Keen for any discussion on data caps and restrictions. Also some unlimited plans in New Zealand are governed by fair use policies, such as 700MB a day and then get slowed down, and for everyone all P2P throttled during peak, etc. Some ISP's plan I read that say its an unlimited plan but if you download more than 20GB they will kick you off the plan - um... hello... thats not unlimited you idiots...

PS - I know that usage each month may vary quite a lot, just select what you download on average. Also many American's do not watch how much they download so if you don't really know, just approxmiate, but try to be as accurate as you can :)

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Of course I don't moniter how much I download. I just download.

I'm guessing around 100gb.

I think I'll track this month.

Last edited:

warlordste

Reaction score
i do alot of downloading games files uploading and redownloading files

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I usually go through 40-80 gb/month, it might be higher some months but that's the average, a little over a gig and a half a day.

*Face

Reaction score
I have a 20GB cap, but I usually do more since my ISP has unmetered bandwidth servers. I remember once using up the 20GB in one or two days, that was stupid (get shaped to really, really ****ty speeds afterwards, so I spent a month on like 256k)

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I have an unlimited download connection, but my speed is very low, 128 kbps, so currently my downloads run at about 20-40 GB per month, and sometimes when it goes upto 50 GB, mostly download torrents.....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
80-100 depending how much old junk I usually delete.

Every once in a while I just highlight E:\Torrentz and push delete. Right now that folder's at about 120gb, cleared it on august 29th, so...yeah, I'm aiming at about 80-100 I think >_<

MAN I need to stop downloading old TV shows. Really.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am on a 500mb cap(dont laugh) usually add another gig at the costly price.
So due to my cap I am restircted to what my pocket can afford.

So my usage is min.

Swiblet

Reaction score
Lets see....rapidshare membership combined with numerous sites which cannot be named here....hmm....

Rapidshare has a 5 GB per day limit, more or less. 5 GBs x 30...

150 Gigs per month from Rapidshare alone! =D Then, I download and fix things myself for my buds too, which probably is 10 GBs of trials... xD

160-175 gigs per month, more or less. I'm running out of material to download >.>;;; I've sunken down to movies!

~~Ben

cointoss

Reaction score
Honey, I don't download nothing. lol. Re: my post in the "how fast is your internet" poll. In two words, it ain't!

Swiblet

Reaction score
Heaven help you >.< I just switched out of AOL. I have Comcast now....I didn't want it!....but Comcast monopolized my area. I used to have the same as you. I made sure that I had a good processor while I had dialup, because to download anything worth getting, I'd have to leave my computer downloading one or two days straight (of course, killing all possible phone convos...which would never be allowed anyway).

I feel your pain >.< Well...I FELT it. That's why I download like mad now!

~~Ben

Trixter

Reaction score
well I use +- 2 to 5 GB a day (depends on the day, month and stuff ) need online). the best part is if i cant get it my office in Hong Kong can (3 T1 lines) :D. BTW Internet in SA SUCKS big time.

Laos101

Reaction score
It depends on the month for me, on some months I'll get as much as 100 GB while others around 1-10GB. i only have 500 GB on my two partitions so I watch what i get (Usually some stuff incase of a problem)

eminemix

Reaction score
I download like 5GB cause my isp has a stupid fair usage policy that doesn't allow me to download more than the average user downloads per day.
If exced that my speed gets limited

Status
Not open for further replies.