How to buy Laptop

funindia

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a laptop but little confused, which brand I choose, Compaq/HP, Dell or IBM, please help me... I need atleast 80GB, 512MB, Centrino, DVD/combo.... and not the least WLAN (802.11b/g).

n4tec

Reaction score
I personally recomend a DELL or Toshiba.. HP sucks!!!

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Yes i agree with nfor DO NOT buy and hp laptop and some dell's heatup so i guess toshiba or sonys are nice.

dsfreak

Reaction score
NO HPS!!!!!!!!! just, never think of it again. If you want the best, get alienware, or sony.

funindia

Reaction score
Give me some model from Toshiba and Sony, it will help me in buying a powerfull notebook.

n4tec

Reaction score
I think if you are to buy you should get either a Sony or a Toshiba for Laptops and Dell for Desktops...

funindia

Reaction score
limelight said:
Sony = often overpriced. Get a Toshiba.

Can you please tell me any specific model of Toshiba? Which one is going to cheaper?

NewFuture

Reaction score
dsfreak said:
NO HPS!!!!!!!!! just, never think of it again. If you want the best, get alienware, or sony.

alienware is fantastic for gaming, i wouldn't mind a state of the art alienware desktop pc

Neuromancer

Reaction score
My Aunt just bought an Averatec.

I was AMAZED at how nice a laptop it was!!

Here it is at staples

She bought it for 800 looks like it went up a little since last month :(

Anyway.. just wanted to point out that there are other Laptop makers out there putting out nice machines at a decent cost.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I would always suggest dell. I have a dell Inspiron and it works like a beauty! The battery life is awesome too. It's a big on the heavy side, but well worth it :) (well thats my opinion)

funindia

Reaction score
I planed to go market by next Monday, So Friends please continue to post your valulable suggestions here, thanks all for your replies.

Mikek

Reaction score
If you're going to move the laptop around a lot, Id make sure you have got a good warranty.

My laptop was a Compaq and I got the extened warranty, this saved me over AU$1000 in repair costs.