how to delete blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

oab

Reaction score
yea myk site is dead, i made a block that f's everything up and i dont know how to delete it, its not an acctual file.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Your problem is probably a improperly closed HTML tag. It looks like you neglected to close something in your menu template.

Check this out:

Code:
<table width="165" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
  <tr>
    <td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
        <tr>

<td class="row1" width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
              <tr>    <!--  !!!!! RIGHT HERE YOU STARTED A NEW TR IN A TD !!!!!  -->
                <td><font class="block-title"><strong>Main Menu</strong></font></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>    <!--   !!!!! HERE YOU ARE CLOSING THE TABLE !!!!! -->
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td class="row2"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">

<tr>
                 <td><font class="content"><iframe scr="menu.htm" scrolling=" no" noresize></font></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
        </tr>
      </table></td>
  </tr>
</table>

oab

Reaction score
where did you find that code, and how do i delete the block? thanks

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
That's the source code for your website. Anyone can view it. As for how to fix it, I don't know PHPNuke well enought to be able to tell you how to fix it. Sorry.

oab

Reaction score
dang my site is reallty messed up and like 5 people were going to join today..

Xempttt

Reaction score
ok. go to ur admin panel in phpnuke and go to blocks. then when u see the block that is messing it up look a little bit right and it says edit/delete/ect. click delete.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
You may have to reinstall PHPNuke to fix your problem. But like I said, I don't know PHPNuke very well, so there may be a way to fix your problem without reinstalling.

I believe PHPNuke stores all it's information in a MySQL database, so there may be a way to manually remove the bad block from the database using a SQL query.

repusmod

Reaction score
It is a file, blocks are files. Go in your ftp, and go in your main root, you will see a folder called blocks, open it, there you should see a file for your block. I don't know which block is causing you trouble, but you can also try another thing, you go in your site Administration Panel, then go in blocks, scroll down at bottom of all blocks you should see [ Fix Block's Weight Conflicts ] click on that may fix the problem of the blocks weight.

oab

Reaction score
repusmod said:
It is a file, blocks are files. Go in your ftp, and go in your main root, you will see a folder called blocks, open it, there you should see a file for your block. I don't know which block is causing you trouble, but you can also try another thing, you go in your site Administration Panel, then go in blocks, scroll down at bottom of all blocks you should see [ Fix Block's Weight Conflicts ] click on that may fix the problem of the blocks weight.
YOU ARE NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot see anything on my site because of the block (i forgot to close the </iframe>)
The block is not a file (or at least its not in the blocks folder) and i am asking where HTML blocks are stored in php nuke. Read this a couple times through okay?

(sorry im getting really frustrated because i posting this thread like on 5 different forums and no1 knows)

nicholas

Reaction score
oab said:
repusmod said:
YOU ARE NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot see anything on my site because of the block (i forgot to close the </iframe>)
The block is not a file (or at least its not in the blocks folder) and i am asking where HTML blocks are stored in php nuke. Read this a couple times through okay?

(sorry im getting really frustrated because i posting this thread like on 5 different forums and no1 knows)

I understand your frustrations. Reinstalling phpnuke should be the last resort for you. I think the best bet now is the support forum from phpnuke. Hopefully you did post your problem there and someone can help you.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Don't do anything... I know Nuke, don't reinstall yet, I will try to figure it out! DON'T REIN STALL YET!

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
the_magistrate said:
I believe PHPNuke stores all it's information in a MySQL database, so there may be a way to manually remove the bad block from the database using a SQL query.
oab said:
I just checked back at nukecops at my thread and someone told me it was in database, so im going to look for it and hope for the best. (why didn't i think of that?)

Did I not mention to check in the database? I think I did. Someone tell me I'm crazy! :eek:riginal:

Oh well, it looks like you fixed the problem. Congrats.

oab

Reaction score
lol, yep hot chicks are good..
owwwww crap man i really should read more carefully.. sorry magistrate, i love you.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
It's cool. Glad you got everything worked out.

Be careful next time you play around with the code of your site. :pinch:

Status
Not open for further replies.