how to domain

str82u

Reaction score
What's the question exactly? Looking for somewhere with directions? http://ihaveyounow.com - had to throw that in there. If you need to know how to control your domain, mention that too and where it is.

zen-r

Reaction score
More of a spam post, really.

Your line of ???'s are just as long as the sentence you bothered to write.

Unless you post back with a proper question, you will probably get ignored, or the thread may even get deleted as spam.

P.S. This is the Graphics & Design section, in case you hadn't noticed. :)

Last edited:

str82u

Reaction score
I have a question about domains too i guess ill jus ask here instead of started a new topic...

well i brought a domain and have set it on stealth so my website is always www.delinkwentz.com

If i use re-direct im guessin it'll be
http://squidg.x10hosting.com/delinkwentz/index.html

How do i make it so its like

www.delinkwentz.com/index
www.delinkwentz.com/members.html
www.delinkwentz.com/about.html

?

If you have an account here, why not addon the domain instead of redirecting it?

zapzack

Reaction score
Click on "Addon Domains" in cPanel and type the domain, for the document root type "puclic_html/delinkwentz" without the quotes.

zen-r

Reaction score
Also, at your registrar, set the DNS to point to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com.

Once that has propagated (may take up to 48hrs) you will now find your site hosted at x10, but still showing the site name in the address, as you want it to. :)

str82u

Reaction score
Also, at your registrar, set the DNS to point to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com.

Once that has propagated (may take up to 48hrs) you will now find your site hosted at x10, but still showing the site name in the address, as you want it to. :)

Correct, unless you have some neccessity for redirection, this is the cleanest way to do it in respect to search engines and everything else...

In my opinion

focus

Reaction score
Ok i did all that so what does that do?
I'm guessin i should remove stealth forwarding as well? Should i just use normal forwarding?

str82u

Reaction score
Ok i did all that so what does that do?
I'm guessin i should remove stealth forwarding as well? Should i just use normal forwarding?
Yes, you can set your domain to normal, no forwarding. If you build your site at this host and put the files in that folder, your site should be live.

If you look in the browser, you can see the domain name, but if you look in the staus area of the browser, it shows the subdomain plain as day.

str82u

Reaction score
So now it becomes like this for example:
http://squidg.x10hosting.com/delinkwentz/about.html

how do people get it to be
www.delinkwentz.com/about.html

?

If your nameservers (NS1 and NS2) are pointed at this server and you added delinkwentz.com to your x10hosting, when you take off the stealth forwarding, the domain will show up like a normal website on it's own. You need to put the web site files intothe folder that was created when you added the domain, the folder will be in your regular acount in the public_html folder and is also a subdomain. When you put the index file into that folder, you'll see it show up at delinkwentz.com without having to do anything special except turning off forwarding.

zen-r

Reaction score
Focus, if you just did what we suggested you do several posts ago, you would be able to see it working for yourself, & wouldn't need these endless questions!