How to Import 3 Scripts from Freehostia to Here.

cybercool10

Reaction score
Hi Techies !

Just joined in today , as i wanted to migrate from Freehostia to here , I am a bit irritated by the Downtime , (i am on Free hosting there) can't afford to buy now , So here is the picture.

I have three Script installed @Freehostia.

• Jhoomla
  • phpbb
  • Wordpress
Now i want to migrate all data and stats with settings to here , How to do that ?

A Bit of elaboration about the same will be good :biggrin:

taha116

Reaction score
Firstl, have u used the cPanel that x10 has ever? Secondly Does your host allow backups of your database and files?

You will need to copy everything. Bring it here sort of replicate the data by importing it and upload files. Some minor edits may be required. Say you dumped your database stuff into a new one that means youve gota edit the config files that tell wordpress jhoom and phpbb that the name of the database is different or the use password is differnt, dont worry its easy as pie.

Warning the servers are undergoing maintainence at the moment so its a bad time to start. You will have a bad first hand experience here if you do so i recomend you sit tight and wait for a news update (usually from a guy named corey) that says everything complete

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Probably one of the easiest ways to do this would be to download all of your files via FTP, and then perform a dump of every database file you have, and then upload the contents of everything to x10's servers in the proper place. Then from there, you can set things up so that they work with x10 if needed.

Last edited:

cybercool10

Reaction score
Firstl, have u used the cPanel that x10 has ever?

No This is my first x10Hosting Account , and Freehostia got a Crappy cPanel , I guerentee if you go there you will start puking , but alas it does the job for me :D

Secondly Does your host allow backups of your database and files?

through phpAdmin ? yeah it does.

dont worry its easy as pie.

haha , you bet i am lazy :p

Warning the servers are undergoing maintainence at the moment so its a bad time to start. You will have a bad first hand experience here if you do so i recomend you sit tight and wait for a news update (usually from a guy named corey) that says everything complete

Thnx for the Warning , Actually , sorry for not replying to this thread earlier , but I don't like the email notification system of vBulletin , its offtopic , but how to get instant notifications on the thread i subscribe and the topic i starts / reply to ?

Probably one of the easiest ways to do this would be to download all of your files via FTP, and then perform a dump of every database file you have, and then upload the contents of everything to x10's servers in the proper place. Then from there, you can set things up so that they work with x10 if needed.

thnx , a bit off lately another guy , a guy i know from other forums , has also expressed the same view , so i guess this is it.

Thnx for guiding me guys , looking forward to have a great time here.

Kuntal Gupta
eXtreme Tech Arena