how to install PJIRC on my page

[BAK]ThePro

Reaction score
i dont know any java but could anyone tell me how to set up this script? please tell me

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
The simplest way would be to un-zip all the files, then upload them using FTP to a folder called irc or something. Then rename the file "NormalApplet.html" to "index.html". If you need to change any of the setting they are all stored in that file. (You will need to change the network it tries to connect to.)
Now if you go to that folder in your web browser the Java IRC client should run, and present you with a chat box.

I probably could write some more detailed instructions if you need them.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
If you type this into the chat box it will connect
/server irc.hunnies.org
(hunnies.org is one of the x10Hosting IRC servers.)

I'm not sure why it won't connect automatically. Try checking the settings in index.html.

[BAK]ThePro

Reaction score
gonna upload the file later (im not on my pc now) :biggrin:

EDIT:here it is: Click Me :D

EDIT 2:
than how do i set PJIRC.cfg to connect to irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/bakclan ? please tell me :(

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
To set it to auto connect to irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/bakclan you will need to edit index.html, NormalApplet.html, or whatever it is called, and edit this line:
<PARAM name="host" value="Host URL Here">
Replace "Host URL Here" with "irc.us.gamesurge.net/bakclan"

Then when you view NormalApplet.html or whatever in your browser it should auto connect to you network.

Make sure you unzip the file.

Once you have done this please post back saying whether it has worked or not.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Can you post a link to the IRC client. (Not to the .zip file)
The I will be able to see the source code and work out what is going wrong.

[BAK]ThePro

Reaction score
dont know what you mean but i will rename index.html so you can find the files you want

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've found why it won't auto connect. You need to change the host to "irc.us.gamesurge.net" (i.e. remove /bakclan). I tested it and after the host was changed it auto-connected.

If you add this to normalapplet.html it will auto-join your channel once connected.
<param name="command1" value="/join #bakclan">

Try these things then tell me whether they have worked or not.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
No problem.

While helping you I learnt about some features of PJIRC that I didn't know about, and I fixed a problem that I was having. So I could thank you for making me look into this. :p

deanhome

Reaction score
The simplest way would be to un-zip all the files, then upload them using FTP to a folder called irc or something. Then rename the file "NormalApplet.html" to "index.html". If you need to change any of the setting they are all stored in that file. (You will need to change the network it tries to connect to.)
Now if you go to that folder in your web browser the Java IRC client should run, and present you with a chat box.

I probably could write some more detailed instructions if you need them.

Hi I was hoping to get some help on installing PJIRC on a website as well do you have a simple instruction you could send