hows this

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I have already gotten one opinion on this I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

bigsig.jpg

subvertman

Reaction score
very nice work. but that font too 'weird' fot that scenery. just my opinion.

Seifer

Reaction score
You really shouldn't use bevel and emboss as a border.
The text seems kind of blah. I liked that car banner you had before, though :p.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks guys, always looking for an honest opinion.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I really don't like it. I am sorry. Nothing matches. The font is bad and the background dose not match. 3/10. Keep up the effort but this one is not good.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Ok well, I guess its bad. I actually liked the way I did the font. Maybe the backgound is off a bit. Oh well back to the drawing board. :)

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I really like the background, the font is the only problem, try with another one, just don't change the clouds.

Akkarin

Reaction score
I like your current.

I think the only problem is the text, you can make any boring font look good, and Bevel and Emboss isn't the best way. Maybe try setting the font layer to overlay, and see if that's any good.

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
i agree with all of them, its "okay" but the bavel and emboss for the border ruins the image, also the font is terrible for such sig. good try thou...
question.
did you use fireworks for it?

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
IamShipon1988 said:
did you use fireworks for it?
It's clear he used photoshop, you can't makethat light effect in fireworks.

Conor

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
I really don't like it. I am sorry. Nothing matches. The font is bad and the background dose not match. 3/10. Keep up the effort but this one is not good.
Because your signature is so great right?

bigguy: I know you're not a pro so keep it up. I like the background as a matter of fact, but just a hint. Try to veer away from your everyday fonts (Comic Sans, Verdana, TNR etc) Also, instead of putting a bevel or emboss on the background, put a 1px black stroke and it makes a nice border :)

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Thanx for the tip, I will try that next time. No I`m not a pro but I`m tryin thatnx for the words of encouragement. :ughdance:

Conor said:
MicrotechXP said:
Because your signature is so great right?

bigguy: I know you're not a pro so keep it up. I like the background as a matter of fact, but just a hint. Try to veer away from your everyday fonts (Comic Sans, Verdana, TNR etc) Also, instead of putting a bevel or emboss on the background, put a 1px black stroke and it makes a nice border :)

N

Nathan

I'll make a Photoshop tutorial just for you BigGuy....maybe even more than one.