Huge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonis

Reaction score
For some reason, when I try to access the forums or index on my site, it comes up with the error
You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've been having this problem for a week now and I didn't want to email the thing since I thought I mabye could fix it. I backed up everyting and uploaded it again, but when I put the mysql back onto the site, it wouldnt work. I got really mad, and deleted joomla, which is what I was using for the main site. Then I reinstalled it, and it just came up with the error again...This is really annoying, can someone mabye help?
By the way, nice additions to the site.

My site is www.acwwhacking.com, forum is at www.acwwhacking.com/forums

Edit: Now it wont let me use anything using mysql...

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
The ownership of your files might have to be changed. If you ftp into your account and find that the ownership is 99 or "Nobody" owns those Joomla files, they might have to be re-owned by you in order to make things work right.

This had to happen for me (ownership change) in order for things to work and I am running joomla and smf right now.

Nonis

Reaction score
I just checked, index.php which is one of the files which I cant access, still says I don't have permission even though it is and was before I posted here, 755 and says everyone can access it. Most of the other joomla files are 755 also.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
IT was your .htaccess file. I moved it to .htaccess.bk and now everything loads for me.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.