I am not able to see the logs in my site

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is nothing inside /domains/typicaldish.com/logs, and nothing from DirectAdmin either
my guess for you would be as you said you were using the short handed opening tag, would be that, when it, as in the server, realized the short hand tag was being used (typically the default setting is for the short handed tag being disabled), it basically tossed it out altogether and ignored all content, which is probably causing it to not result in an error to the log.

ctyrd

Reaction score
Yes, this was in my DirectAdmin User Statistics error log for the domain when I did the same thing you did.
I most have a php version option set wrong. My user statistics log all start with:
Code:
2023-04-25 03:11:52.216429 [INFO]

Yours:
Code:
2023-04-25 12:50:57.948258 [NOTICE]

There is nothing inside /domains/typicaldish.com/logs, and nothing from DirectAdmin either

What is the typicaldish.com/logs permission. rwx-- (700)?

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do apologize as your site is loading and no real errors are happening, what is the current issue if any? You can enable error reporting in real time via the Select PHP version > options > display errors if required.

adler96

Reaction score
Thanks. So display_errors is the only available option, and not logging? In that case, if they are always going to be empty, would it not be better to remove the links to the error logs in DirectAdmin?

PS. Note that for testing of the error log I have kept up the page with errors https://www.typicaldish.com/error.php

Rimsha

Reaction score
To get your logs working when you're experiencing an Internal Server Error and the logs are empty, follow these steps:

1. Check log file permissions.
  2. Verify logging configuration.
  3. Restart the logging service.
  4. Ensure sufficient disk space.
  5. Enable debug logging temporarily.
  6. Verify logging libraries/modules.
  7. Consult the hosting provider or system administrator.
If the problem persists, contact your hosting provider or system administrator for further assistance.