I don't want the url to show /public.

SkakashiS

Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday I installed flarum with Softacuouls in a subdomain, directly without any subdirectory. However, it created a public_html subdirectory where area all the fields. The problem comes that the site is pointing to: myurl.x10.mx/public and not to myurl.x10.mx

I have tryied for hours and hours (since yesterday) to find a way to modify it:
- I changed the public folder to the public_html and modify some fields but it didn't work.
- I have also tryied to modify both .htaccess (the one in public_html and the other in public_html/public) but nothing happen. I think that I need a "mod_rewrite" option and it is not available.

Can someone help me please? I just want to delete "/public" form my site url.
Thanks,

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you installed the software it should provide a subdirectory you can manually enter instead of "public". You should also be able to just remove the subdirectory and leave the field blank so it installed in the main root as you described.

I would recommend attempting to delete the install from the auto installer software and re-attempting with a clean slate opting to not use the subdirectory

SkakashiS

Reaction score
Hello Eric,

thanks for answering. I tried it again today: I followed Flarum tutorial to do it and it worked: it was also a problem with my browser cache.

Regards,