I have an idea abaut free server hosting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goran

Reaction score
I think that will be much more easy if we choose an song when is http or somthing other in list down, and unable to work, that one song is playing in flash player! We will buy that sad song and maybe then in't gona be soo sad when it's down!

:biggrin:I know it's crazy suggestion but we can oll pay an song and put it legal on site:biggrin:
!We will acept it much easy, when an song give us a knowlage that server is down then that sad graphick botuns!
And one song when server is up!

My song sugestion it's when is down
A-HA - Crying In The Rain

And when is up!
Miss Jane "It's a Fine Day"

THX and please don't look this too wird i just want to chear up oll that is net down :eek3dance

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you xsaying we buy you songs for x10 cash that might be a good idea

azntechguy

Reaction score
Nah, I think the legal fees for even airing those songs will burn a hole in the revenue of X10 and then some.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I think he was suggesting that when the site is down ... to have a page that offers songs for sale / legal download.

Which, I don't think would be possible. When the Http is down, or the forum, main x10 page ... nothing else would be showing.

Plus, how would one go about selling legal music? You'd either have to have a contract with the music industry or be one of those that already do ( Napster, Rhapsody, etc )

Colin

Reaction score
this is a good, idea but as already said legal implications would be tremendous. We could although use something that we have the rights to, maybe a forum member created song.

Goran

Reaction score
I think that when site is down one song play and we know! And when is up some other is playing!
I know it's :nuts:but im crazy :lockd:

yahia

Reaction score
Yes it is crazy indeed.

The best that you can do for yourself is to play those songs yourself from the music player on your computer, when you see it appropriate.

Cheers

Cynical

Reaction score
I really don't see why people are begging for so many more notifications for when the server is down... if you can't access your site via cPanel either the server is down or your account was terminated. If you account *was* terminated, then why does it matter if there server is down?

Most of the time when one of the free servers is down the forums are up anyways, so you can just log into the forums and check on your account page for some brief server stats.

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
indeed. However I like the music idea - not just for server notifications, but maybe members could provide songs they like and the top 10 have iTunes purchase links on them. Or maybe Amazon for albums with x10 as the affiliate so any purchases made x10 gets a slice of. I'm not sure if iTunes do affiliate programs....

EDIT: apparently they do: http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/ Money, Money, Money... for x10! :D

Last edited:

HyDr@

Reaction score
When you said "song", do you mean a tune which notify users the server is down/back up?

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Yeah, imagine a black page with a really sad and depressing song playing if the server is down.

dyfuse

Reaction score
That would be really interesting ;)

I think this is taking reality into it's uppermost creative limits. Like suggested before, if you can't access your site, and visiting the forums confirms the server's down then you basically have your bad news.

Then it's up to you to play whatever song matches your emotions at that time. People do have different musical 'tastes' for when they're happy or sad.

ArNoX

Reaction score
i dont now..but i think when someone think his site is down then the easyest way to check the servers status is to go to server up/down thread :)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Please dont post in old topics or you will be warned...locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.