I have an opt in newsletter unfortunately I have been suspended for mail spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

x10user100

Reaction score
Tried sending emails to my subscribers yesterday and checked to day to see that I have been suspended for mail spam. The newsletter is opt-in, and subscribers are free to unsubscribe at any time from following the link in my email per ICANN regulations

Regards

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You are aware there is a limit on how many emails can be sent an hour, right?

You're not going to be unsuspended.

~Callum

x10user100

Reaction score
You are aware there is a limit on how many emails can be sent an hour, right?

You're not going to be unsuspended.

~Callum

I understand there is a limit of about 100 an hr, and I tried to keep within that limit, the only reason I might have exceeded the limit is because php execution time exceeded 30 seconds and the script crashed, so I had to restart the cron job. If you have a look at the cron job I only send one mailing a month, and this is the first time the script crashed with a php execution time of 30 seconds exceeded, and I had to restart the cron job.

I assure you if the script crashes the next time will wait it out until the next mailing the next month, and won't try and restart the script.

Regards,

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
There isn't going to be a next time, now that you've been suspended this is permanent and you will not be given access to your files prior to their deletion.
Ideally, you script should have kept a database of the time at which every email was sent which could be referenced and checked even if the script crashed. Alternatively, you could have used an external SMTP server to do the sending, as these don't have the 100/hr limit (Although they may have some other limit).

Status
Not open for further replies.