I Need Help

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Masta111 said:
:nuts: How do i make a link to another site that i created? For example, my site, www.2046.x10hosting.com, has a link named rules. And i created a rules.html file. I want to link it to www.2046.x10hosting.com/rules. How do i do that? Im using ftp.

You need to create a subdirectory in your public_html folder, in this case title the subdirectory folder "rules" (without the quotation marks). In "rules", make an index.html file and put whatever info you need there.

When you link 2046.10hosting.com/rules, it'll link to the index.html file in the "rules" subdirectory so the information will show up.

Last edited:

Conor

Reaction score
/rules would be a folder.

So you would have to make a rules folder in your public_html folder. Then rename rules.html to index.html and bring it into the rules folder. It would then display that html page when you went to yourdomain.com/rules.

Edit: Ahh beat me to it Erik.

Last edited:

Masta111

Reaction score
AWWW THANX MAN I REALLY NEEDED HIS HELP! I posted within 15 min and i already got a reply. sweettteness

Masta111

Reaction score
How do i add templates to my site using Microsoft Word? All i have is microsoft word and no frongpage:dunno:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
You've made templates in microsoft word and want to use that on a website?
Wow uhh.. I have no clue.. I don't know if it can even be done

Um... checked google? Lol.

Masta111

Reaction score
Spartan Erik said:
You've made templates in microsoft word and want to use that on a website?
Wow uhh.. I have no clue.. I don't know if it can even be done

Um... checked google? Lol.

well not exactly. i dont know where to find a template. Does the templates in Powerpoint work? And if it does, how do i put that on my site?

Masta111

Reaction score
Masta111 said:
well not exactly. i dont know where to find a template. Does the templates in Powerpoint work? And if it does, how do i put that on my site?

I REALLY need help please???:lockd: :thefinger

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Masta111 said:

Well if you want a powerpoint template as a website template, you could take a screenshot of it or something.. maybe post it into a photo editing program and work with it from there (powerpoint templates are not image files)... save the screenshotted image (jpg gif png, whatever) and position it accordingly on your site

Jacob

Reaction score
Essentially you can use Powerpoint for a website. I rarely use Powerpoint for that, but I do remember once in junior high making Powerpoint websites. There are numerous sites for free templates that you can use for websites; I suggest a Google search of "free templates". Also, if you are going to have a future in building websites, I suggest investing in a good graphics progrqam and learning how to use it. Adobe Photoshop is excellent. It has a large price tag, but it's worth it if you plan on using it. Good luck.

Masta111

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Essentially you can use Powerpoint for a website. I rarely use Powerpoint for that, but I do remember once in junior high making Powerpoint websites. There are numerous sites for free templates that you can use for websites; I suggest a Google search of "free templates". Also, if you are going to have a future in building websites, I suggest investing in a good graphics progrqam and learning how to use it. Adobe Photoshop is excellent. It has a large price tag, but it's worth it if you plan on using it. Good luck.

Thanks, but, even if i do find a template, how do i put it onto all my pages?:dunno: I'm sorry for being such a noob lol.:lol:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Masta111 said:
Thanks, but, even if i do find a template, how do i put it onto all my pages?:dunno: I'm sorry for being such a noob lol.:lol:

Well for each of your pages paste the code used to organize the images that make up the template

Jacob

Reaction score
Alot of templates come with zip packages that contain the code used, and possibly the PSD. Just take the code to your actual site and remember to upload the images to your site, as well, so they show up.

Masta111

Reaction score
wait, can u tell me step by step? At least, i got the images folder in my ftp thingy. but how do i upload them? i got the index.html in there also.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah the images folder is a default-made subdirectory that comes with cpanel; you're wondering how to upload via FTP? Are you using an FTP client or are you using a browser (or a browser extension, i.e. FireFTP for FireFox)

If you're using an FTP client you should be able to upload by selecting files (or drag dropping); if you use IE6 you can connect to your website via FTP, open your public_html folder, and drag drop the appropriate files.

To help you I'd have to know some more information first

Last edited:

Masta111

Reaction score
ok i got it now, i just need to know how to do the login and member stuff.:eek4: