I need your help!

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I've been extremely bored lately. I've noticed x10hosting has a huge active forum, and I just love to get other people's opinions.

I want to start a pc game, one that will occupy me. PLEASE SUGGEST A GOOD GAME.

NO MMORPGS.
Something that will last me 2 weeks.

Not

-any game from the call of duty series (I played so much it bored me out)
-CsS (not a big fan)
-Half life 2 deathmatch (same thing as call of duty)

Please if your suggesting a game, tell me why it's good.

maieimi

Reaction score
Have you heard of Portal? More importantly, have you PLAYED Portal? Because it may be one of the funnest games I've played on the X-Box (It's also for PC, naturally). It was in the Orange Box mix that had Half-Life IN it, but it's independently a knock-out game, and you can BUY it independently online for PC. Puzzle-solving, dark humor, and a gun that creates portals in the fabric of space. Technically it's kind of a short game, but you will find yourself playing around in it so much, playing through again with the commentary options, quoting it, looking up the secrets you find in the game on the internet, having friends come over and play it so you can watch it again "for the first time," etc. Or... maybe that's just me because I'm a nerd. But this game has unexpectedly won awards and built so much of a cult following that they are making a second game.

By my taking the time to type all this, I hope you haven't played it before. Or if you have, perhaps I've made a friend. Anyway, please enjoy. I have not encountered one person who's played it that hasn't fallen in love.

Here's an animated review of The Orange Box that my friend showed me. Portal is the last game it reviews (of course it saves the best for last) and it can be a bit vulgar at times, but it's a hilarious take on all the half-life games (sentiments with which I believe you share) and told by this British game critic. Please enjoy:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ctuation/2541-Zero-Punctuation-The-Orange-Box

Also, here is the official game trailer:
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=922

Wow, this reply got long, also, I just remembered that my signature promotes Portal, too. (Which I made a few months ago) That amuses me much.

Dutch

Reaction score
Get Battlefield 2....it rules! It will keep you busy for ages. ;)

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I'd probably go with portal rather than battlefield, but I'll see. I'll go play it on my friends 360, thanks.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Have you heard of Portal? More importantly, have you PLAYED Portal? Because it may be one of the funnest games I've played on the X-Box (It's also for PC, naturally). It was in the Orange Box mix that had Half-Life IN it, but it's independently a knock-out game, and you can BUY it independently online for PC. Puzzle-solving, dark humor, and a gun that creates portals in the fabric of space. Technically it's kind of a short game, but you will find yourself playing around in it so much, playing through again with the commentary options, quoting it, looking up the secrets you find in the game on the internet, having friends come over and play it so you can watch it again "for the first time," etc. Or... maybe that's just me because I'm a nerd. But this game has unexpectedly won awards and built so much of a cult following that they are making a second game.

By my taking the time to type all this, I hope you haven't played it before. Or if you have, perhaps I've made a friend. Anyway, please enjoy. I have not encountered one person who's played it that hasn't fallen in love.

Here's an animated review of The Orange Box that my friend showed me. Portal is the last game it reviews (of course it saves the best for last) and it can be a bit vulgar at times, but it's a hilarious take on all the half-life games (sentiments with which I believe you share) and told by this British game critic. Please enjoy:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ctuation/2541-Zero-Punctuation-The-Orange-Box

Also, here is the official game trailer:
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=922

Wow, this reply got long, also, I just remembered that my signature promotes Portal, too. (Which I made a few months ago) That amuses me much.

Agreed, Portal is a pretty cool game with a really different theme. Call of Duty 4 will keep you occupied for a bit, it's a good game with amazing graphics. I'd only buy the PC version if you've done your PC up (or bought it) recently, needs a high power system.

WarRock, Crysis and Halo rock. If you want an online game and don't mind it being buggy (this game is free), go to http://www.planeshift.it/ and try it out. Once you get through the tutorial (which goes on a bit) it's a really good game.

And with GTA IV coming out soon that'll be one to look for.

-Luke.

Last edited: