I set my external domain as primary, and now my x10 domain (and website) is missing.

chriskol

Reaction score
First of all:
I am on the starter plan, not the free plan. I could not find a place for help for the starter, so here I am.

I wanted to create an @mydomain.com email in the cPanel.
I saw that my actual domain was <myname>@x10hosting.com, so I selected my external domain which is pointed to x10hosting.com, and set that as default.
After that, my website was no longer reachable, and I got an "Apache is functioning normally" message when I tried and go there.
How can I make it so that my external domain points to the website that is hosted here and also use an @mydomain.com email?

If I am supposed to go somewhere else for help, now that I have moved from free to starter, please advise me of where to go.

Thanks!

ctyrd

Reaction score
First of all:
I am on the starter plan, not the free plan. I could not find a place for help for the starter, so here I am.

I wanted to create an @mydomain.com email in the cPanel.
I saw that my actual domain was <myname>@x10hosting.com, so I selected my external domain which is pointed to x10hosting.com, and set that as default.
After that, my website was no longer reachable, and I got an "Apache is functioning normally" message when I tried and go there.
How can I make it so that my external domain points to the website that is hosted here and also use an @mydomain.com email?

If I am supposed to go somewhere else for help, now that I have moved from free to starter, please advise me of where to go.

Thanks!

Starter is in the same support category as x10 free services. If I'm following you correctly. You would use the control panel "domain pointer" option. Point the external to the x10 free subdomain. Mail and domains should work.

chriskol

Reaction score
Starter is in the same support category as x10 free services. If I'm following you correctly. You would use the control panel "domain pointer" option. Point the external to the x10 free subdomain. Mail and domains should work.
Thanks. When I try and visit the original domain, it does not work. Would pointing to it make it work?

ctyrd

Reaction score
domain lost in maintenance issues.
second domain - x12

Last edited: