I woke up this morning and my site is gone.. 404 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvpuppy_uk50

Reaction score
Dear Support

I hope this kind of thing is only a rare occurrence because I don\\\'t look forward to writing long posts asking for help. I also dislike having to answer all the \\\"did you do this and did you check that\\\" questions, as if I was some kind of total moron. Only after I\\\'ve exhausted every option or find myself completely helpless would I approach you people for support, because I do realize that time is precious. So I\\\'ve done as much of \\\'did you do this and did you check that\\\' as possible, already in advance, in case you get tempted to ask.

This morning after I woke up I went to try and do some more work in setting up my site using Wordpress (like I was doing last night) and when I tried to access the site this morning it was all gone. Wiped out. Nada. Zilch. All I could get was lovely 404 errors. Instead of screaming I calmed down and launched my FTP software and went to have a look see. Well all the files are still there on the server but the browser is now unable to find them. I also made sure to check mysql and connected to the database with phpMyAdmin. All appears in order.

Up until last night I had not given any thought about puting up and index.html or an index.php page in the base URL (http://www.caelis.co.cc/). It was something that I was going to get around to doing eventually. Accessing the base url when I first set up the account it gave me nothing but a directory listing with cgi-bin standing out in prominence. Anyway when I do go to the base url now it gives me http://www.caelis.co.cc/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi\\\". Obviously that is something set up by x10 hosting, and most likely done for site security reasons. But if you placed
that there for me is it not possible also that you\\\'ve broken something as well? Why else would my site go down? There are no warnings, no messages, no notices about maintenance or anything when I log in. So please I want to know what has broken since last night. My site is gone and I\\\'m extremely miffed. I can\\\'t find a way to fix this myself in control panel because everything appears to be fine. Or is there a function I\\\'m not aware of because I\\\'m a newbie with your service???

Please someone. Please fix my website or help me to fix it.

Trying to anticipate everything I\\\'ve also gone to www.co.cc to make sure my registration has not been tampered with for the domain name of caelis.co.cc and everything is in order. Nothing to report there so it has nothing to do with it. I\\\'ve also made sure the nameservers (ns1/ns2) are correct. They have not changed.

I\\\'ve even gone so far to make sure that my FTP program is uploaded different file types properly in ASCII or binary so that there are no internal server 500 errors.

So between me going to bed and getting up this morning, something has happened. It\\\'s all I can assume. I don\\\'t want to moan and ***** about it because you are offering me a brilliant free service, but its very demoralising and frustrating when this sort of thing happens. What will be the impression on site visitors when eventually I start to promote it after it goes live and this sort of thing happens?

Anyway I\\\'m at my wits end.

Paul (aka LuvPuppy)

PS. Yes I\\\'ve done \\\'ipconfig /flushdns\\\' before you even ask. That didn\\\'t resolve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.