if you blog: livejournal, blogger or wordpress?

youenvyme

Reaction score
which out of these 3 or more would you prefer using?

i'm a livejournal user and i love how they have the friends page.
and the communities that you can join and keep track.
it's a lot better than having a lot of links to click, like in blogger, links to your friends blog.

jensen

Reaction score
WordPress for me. More templates that are easily customizable. Ability to blog offline via Blog API or via Windows Live Writer on IE or ScribeFire on FireFox2.

WordPress.com handles all the updates and provides spam protection via ASKIMET. So I'm with WordPress.

Agenator

Reaction score
WordPress baby, I use it for my WoW guild and am going to start a website devoted to youtube videos i do later. But yea, its pretty much awesome. Oh and bluefrog, what template are you using, its kick-@$$

Last edited:

Slothie

Reaction score
@Age: Its a custom one, I took it from a mac theme and widgetized it :p

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

wordpress, it isn't just a blog software really (IT IS?!?!)... I guess it's just up to you on how you want your webby done or tweaked.

It is easy to customize. Plus it is free as in costless and you can do almost anything with it.

rockthecasbah

Reaction score
Livejournal is for a community-esque experience. I like it there because you are blogging WITH people (in the sense that your friends can easily check your blog postings via the friends page) and you can join communities and such.

Posting on blogger or wordpress is more of an autonomous way of blogging.

I do also have a wordpress blog that I use for more "serious" blogging, like reviewing and so on. But for other things that I rather have more interaction with readers, I stick with LJ.