Image gallery help

mikel2k3

Reaction score
I am currently using this to make my image gallery's for photographers, models etc:
www.distrasdesigns.com/photography

But what I would like to know, is there anyway for it to happen that when you click on a thumbnail, the image will open in the same window (instead of a new window).

I was thinking of doing it using an IFRAME, but this would only work if all the images are the same size? If a different sized image were to be opened in the IFRAME, a lot of whitespace would be there, and make it ugly against a black background.

I know there are ways getting around this using CSS code, such as making the IMG tag be forced to a certain width and height, but then the image would be stretch out of proportion.

All help appreciated

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes there is, you need to find the code inside the right file where the link is created and modify that. Other then that I don't think there is an option.

checked the site and the source code, this is the part you wanna remove from that link:
Code:
target="new" onclick="return popuplinkfunc(this)"

Suppose it might be a bit tricky to find though.

Last edited:

mikel2k3

Reaction score
yes there is, you need to find the code inside the right file where the link is created and modify that. Other then that I don't think there is an option.

checked the site and the source code, this is the part you wanna remove from that link:
Code:
target="new" onclick="return popuplinkfunc(this)"

Suppose it might be a bit tricky to find though.

If i took out that line of code, it would just do the default of either opening in a new window, or that same window. Either way, it would still involve the user having to manually click the browsers back button.

maikefutesi
I already knew about lightbox, wasnt sure if its what my client wanted though. Ill ask him, thanks for reminding me about it

maikefutesi

Reaction score
If you already knew about Lightbox but don't want/like it, you can always check out plugins from popular libraries. (Prototype, jQuery, MooTools)

I'm sure jQuery would have a plugin or ten you would like

Statico

Reaction score
Although it isn't supported in the latest versions of the XHTML standard, you can use target="_self" in the anchor tag. See the documentation here:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_a.asp

<a href="http://www.x10hosting.com" target="_self">x10</a>

I guess the same (or similar) attributes of the anchor target parameter are applicable in
Code:
var href_target="new" //Enter target attribute of links, if applicable