In Your Opinion- The Best Social Network?

socialnu2

Reaction score
Well my website is focused around Social Networks.
And i'm really interested to know what people think are the best.
Its quite obvious that theres the league of myspace/facebook
and
bebo/hi5
But which one do you like most?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't go to the social networking sites, but a lot of people I know moved from MySpace to Facebook sometime this year.

thebabyhater

Reaction score
The instant guntoters.com is launched, that'll be it. Yes, I haven't even seen the layout yet, but anything that's solely focused on the second amendment has it in my book.

That being said, I'll stick with plain ol' myspace for now.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I have a Bebo page, but nothing else. Although it can be annoying when your friends want you to have an app on your page.

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Yeah, it really depends what all your friends have. I started with Bebo (cos all my friends had it), now I use Facebook more as Bebo is slowly dying IMO. They've copied Facebook on many things, they've put far too much advertising on it and people are closing their accounts. Facebook is the oposite, keeps growing.

Alex

N4rk0

Reaction score
I tried to join some social network , but i didn't like much the experience ...maybe coz i'm only interested in knowing female members :D and because they are less than males in such sites and because of the fact that they are often targetted by thousands of hungry men , it's quite difficult to interact someway , and i don't like to put too much effort in this :D
This is why i don't like social network much...

anirtak143

Reaction score
i really really hate social networking sites. for me, its the home of vain people. no offense.. heheh. i believe no one can get anything from there. uploading photos of themselves, so what? yes, you can comment and comment and rate, but what for? its just talking to someone through the comment area, which i believe is pointless, but I admit it may be useful at times.

social networking sites, for me, is a good time waster, although I have one on friendster. ^^ for the sake of being social here. ^^ friendster has become a way of life here, but friendster IS NOT the best networking site. the best SN site is what u think is best because it depends on the preferences of a user.

just so you know, this is my longest post... hahah. :p

Last edited:

naerey

Reaction score
I'd have to side with both sides here...

I sometimes hate social sites, especially myspace because of some users putting incredibly ugly styles... not to point out that it gets uber-spammed by comments etc, especially the image ones...

However I also sometimes think it's nice and "feel the need" of them. And to be sincere, the only one that I like is Facebook and maybe Netlog.com (this one is european).. they are nice and clean by design... but a little too complex to do 'casual' use...

Btw, check out some statistics for facebook/myspace..
according to some sources (google them), facebook is used mostly by "the upper class/smarter guys" whereas myspace is mostly(as in 70%) used by the high school drop outs etc... quiete interesting, especially if true..!

JKnife

Reaction score
I prefer Twitter simply because it doesn't disclose anything about you. and you can update it with sending a text message, and if someone says @<your handle> it will notify you by email or a txt message on your cell phone.

Dazz

Reaction score
I am ashamed to say that I do indeed have a social network profile on Facebook and also have to say that it is the best in my opinion.

I have also tried Bebo and Myspace and hate them both with a passion lol, come to mention it I still have my Myspace profile because I can't seem to delete it:biggrin:

REBEL21

Reaction score
the best social network is facebook!

But it was bebo everyone has being moving over to face book instead of you tube and every other social network site!

www.jamiesrebellion.exofire.net

Games, Chat Rooms and more!!!

fempower

Reaction score
MySpace is very hard to look at, but it's full of people who are easy to find if you're into popularity and "friends." Facebook is kind of stuffy but there's more selectiveness to finding and making friends. Care2 is great for finging goodhearted people who believe in your causes; plus you can click there daily to make donations for free.

eliasr

Reaction score
I dont use it, i try to make a good personal website to be in contact with my friends, family and the rest of the world.

Anyway... I prefer forums.

Last edited:

mattura

Reaction score
Boy has facebook got far too bloated and complicated!
But without an account, I would feel left out of the loop as (almost) all my friends are on and they all interact with it.
This does frustrate me, as nobody would even think of sending me a casual email, but if on facebook, they would write on my wall and comment on my photos. Social networking has sadly caused the reduction of personal correspondence (which in my opinion is much nicer to engage in).

I almost want to start my own ultra clean, simple social networking site. I'm pretty sure I have the programming know-how. Anyone with me?

Dazz

Reaction score
Boy has facebook got far too bloated and complicated!
But without an account, I would feel left out of the loop as (almost) all my friends are on and they all interact with it.
This does frustrate me, as nobody would even think of sending me a casual email, but if on facebook, they would write on my wall and comment on my photos. Social networking has sadly caused the reduction of personal correspondence (which in my opinion is much nicer to engage in).

I almost want to start my own ultra clean, simple social networking site. I'm pretty sure I have the programming know-how. Anyone with me?

So true, I have a blog and messenger or even email I'd rather use but way more of my friends have an FB profile and just use that. (though I am slowly posting links to my blog all over my own FB profile :biggrin:)

tanay46

Reaction score
i feel the best is facebook..its easy to navigate .. it has good features .. all my friends are on it ... facebook games and appplications rule ... i havent tried any othere 1's though

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
Personally, I prefer LinkedIn.

It has more of a focus on professional/business relationships and personal connections. The kind of social networking that can help you succeed and meet new people.

As for MySpace, that site is a disgrace to the internet, even more so than many people consider 4chan to be.