Index.html question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeric

Reaction score
I feel so dumb! I am familiar with server structure and the likes, but this is my first time setting up a
forum from scratch on a server on my own. I have uploaded all the files to the server, and I have checked if
there is an html.index in the root directory and there is none.
But when I use my domain name I keep on getting the 'welcome to your new x10hosting account.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone explain this to me so I can understand?

snaggolicious.x10hosting.com/

Last edited:

Jesse

Reaction score
Just change the index.html to your own choice of website under construction page, etc.

Janeric

Reaction score
So if I understand you well I should create an index.html containing my domain addy and put it in the root folder?

If yes, my domain name is snaggolicous.x10hosting.com, what would my index.html file look like?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Just make a new file in notepad and save it as index.html and upload it to public_html.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
As MicroTechXP has pointed out you need to place the index.html file in the public_html folder.

Janeric

Reaction score
and the public_html folder is the root directory?
Because I do not have a public_html folder on my server after I have uploaded my forum software?

The_X

Reaction score
if you don't have one you may have deleted it, if you manage to find it make sure you upload index.html with a lowercase I

Synkc

Reaction score
The path to your public_html directory is: "/home/janeric/public_html".

Status
Not open for further replies.