installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
i have trouble installing joomla from fantastico....

i get a 403 error when visiting the index.php page after installing it....

i tried installing e107 also and got a 500 error....

whats going on?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Try getting the Joomla from their site and uploading it through ftp and installing that way. Doing it this way will get you the newest release anyway. There shouldnt be any problem with fantastico though.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
was that just now becuase the server was giving internal server errors just a few minutes ago. It's fixed now so you can try it again.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah try what Tyler says first so you don`t put yourself to all that trouble of uploading.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
i tried installing joomla again from fantastico and it says that its successfully installed, but when i try opening it up, i get the 403 error...

i tried installing e107 by uploading it, and get a 500 error when trying to run the install file...

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
have you tried to install it your self. not using fantastico or what ever. I could probably do it, or there are threads in the market place that can help

Vietkid58

Reaction score
Chris S said:
have you tried to install it your self. not using fantastico or what ever. I could probably do it, or there are threads in the market place that can help

you cant install e107 through fantastico, i was doing it by hand, but it didnt cooperate w/ the db or something, cuz i tried on a diff server and i manged to upgrade, just not on my x10 account >.<

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
i havent been inside fantastico in a while, so I guess i was wrong

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
@ Vietkid58: It says that you have been hacked in this thread and if you are still having problems with the account maybe the best thing to do would be to do it over. Unless of course you are going to lose info and db`s then we can try to resolve this.

Last edited:

Vietkid58

Reaction score
Geoff said:
@ Vietkid58: It says that you have been hacked in this thread and if you are still having problems with the account maybe the best thing to do would be to do it over. Unless of course you are going to lose info and db`s then we can try to resolve this.

i owuld lose my databases and info....

but i'll try to fix it on my own for now.... if it doesnt work at all, i'll come back to this thread

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You could take a backup of all db`s and then re-create them after you have installed your site again.

Status
Not open for further replies.