Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

repusmod

Reaction score
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@repusmod.x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I posted this in "Computers and Programming" but since it is a server error I think this should go here..

It is a server error so It has nothing to do with installation, so I think only you guys can fix that..

http://repusmod.x10hosting.com/p1

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Are you sure everything is configured properly ? I checked the status of the server and everything seems to be ok, well nothing serious that would give you that problem anyway.

repusmod

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure, I can give you the readme file and my account info and you check it by yourself..

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
The last time I had a problem like that They upgraded the php version on the server, but I know this is not the case here. All your files are chmodded correctly ?

repusmod

Reaction score
Yeah... they are... I did it like 3 times.. Anyway I'm sending you a PM with readme file and my account info so you can check it.. Maybe it is just me because I was without my site for a longtime, to forget how things work.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Done, it works. You had some of the files chmodded wrong. Hope that helps.

Nice site to, I like it. Make sure you get the ads up ok.

Your welcome.

Last edited:

repusmod

Reaction score
Yes it works, but still I can configure it, I can't open setup.php file to configure it I get

The same error as before

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@repusmod.x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm ready to go and cry... :eek:hnoes:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Try changing the permissions on that file, read the file you sent me and see if the permissions are off on that file or any other

repusmod

Reaction score
It says Then chmod the following files to 777 main.inc.php and setup.php, I did that but I still can't open the setup.php file, I'm such a noob with this..

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Ok try chmodding it to 755 and see what happens if that doesnt work try a different permission. Its all trial and error

repusmod

Reaction score
Never mind lol this readme file sucks, the setup.php have to be set to 644 and not 777, thank you bigguy, I'll up your rep if here it is..

Reclutador

Reaction score
When i had this problem, i just reinstalled SMF and it should works fine now..

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Reclutador said:
When i had this problem, i just reinstalled SMF and it should works fine now..

This thread is a year old...

Status
Not open for further replies.