Is this downtime typical all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksing

Reaction score
Hi, please dont take this in the wrong way - I think its great what x10 does and the free service it provides.

but, my site really has been down a lot since I signed up. Mostly related to mySql issues, but also sometimes to the http being down.

I know that you guys recently purchased a new server for mySql, and are upgrading to php 5 at the same time. So most of the mysql problems are because of this. But is this a common occurrence?

I just want to know if the downtime is always as significant as it has been for me these last few weeks. If so - i will probably need to start a paid hosting plan.

Speaking of which - if I pay for hosting from x10 will I encounter the same problems as my free account has been seeing? (are they on the same servers)

Thanks for the info

animerth

Reaction score
no this is not typical and i think the payed server's don't have this problem but i may be wrong

kajasweb

Reaction score
I know that you guys recently purchased a new server for mySql, and are upgrading to php 5 at the same time. So most of the mysql problems are because of this. But is this a common occurrence?

No. MySQL issue will be fixed soon. Corey is working on it with DataCenter people. Soon after that, your site won't have any issues with its uptime.

If you want, you can upgrade to Paid Hosting. Paid hosting accounts have many advantages like No Inactivity Limitations, Ads and you can get Priority Support.

Paid hosting servers are not having any issues.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want, you can upgrade to Paid Hosting. Paid hosting accounts have many advantages like No Inactivity Limitations, Ads and you can get Priority Support.

Paid hosting servers are not having any issues.

Vouching for it having no issues :)

The only real "issue" some sites might have is if they promote your free site to paid, MySQL WILL stop working.

Cause paid's still got sql on localhost, so you'd have to change that back :) Other than that though I think I timed it lucky for upgrading - seems I managed to avoid the mysql implosion :S

jacksing

Reaction score
ok, thanks that sounds good then

- and its good to know I can upgrade to paid hosting sometime too (if my site ever gets off the ground)

Status
Not open for further replies.