Issue loading site after changing permission.

ctyrd

Reaction score
Just remove the dot it is only temporary.

Please do this so we can fine the issue quickly.
  • Use the DA file manager and check the folder /domains file permissions, It should be rwx-x-x (711).
  • Create a file in the directory /domains/vittalkiran.com/public_html/ and name it phpinfo.php.
  • Copy and and paste this code in it <?php phpinfo();?>
  • https://tbint.us/phpinfo.php

Screenshot_2023-08-01_08-36-31.png

mreccentric

Reaction score
I created the file phpinfo.{php} (without brackets) on the public_html, with the code mentioned above. But, the url to it gives a 404 error, while after changing the permissions of the domains folder, the main URL seems to give a 403 error.

Also, something to be noted is that, permissions of wp-admin, wp-content folders which inside the public html have a different permissions (rwx-rx-rx) even after changing that of the domains folder.[/php]

ctyrd

Reaction score
changing the permissions of the domains folder, the main URL seems to give a 403 error.
Your over the disk usage of 512 MB. You will not be able to use the free service. Requesting disk increase is pending a review and most likely will not be a enough space to use the free service. Time to think about the upgrade.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
after taking a look, i see 2 domain folders but only 1 used,.
did you recently delete one from your domain settings but kept the files ??
there was also a tar.gz backup file there to.

mreccentric

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. This is noted.

@spacresx I know. I had a backup of old files there. But the point is i'm not able to download them and make free space.
It downloads as a 0 kb file if i do try.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
have you tried deleting unwanted files and empty the trash bin ?
i seen a bunch of files still in the trash bin,
its possible at some point you used up all the resources for your account.

mreccentric

Reaction score
@spacresx

I need to have a backup of all the files, before i dwell into deleting the extra files. I am not able to find out what is using the extra space in my account, since i have brought the database from 1+ GB to 10 MB now. The files of the up website is about 100 MB, remaining doesn't seem to be much. The trash also has only a few MB.

ctyrd

Reaction score
@spacresx @mreccentric
The system sent the user (account holder) 403 when he reached his disk quota. https://community.x10hosting.com/th...after-changing-permission.211063/#post-993020

Changing file permissions broke the system. The only hope is to use phpMyadmin. BUT! There is no space for the backup file.

The file permission for the /public_html directory is rwx-rw-rw (755). So if that is correct and the user deleted everything in the /public_html directory (not send to trash). There still would not be enough disk space (512 MB) for the 1.** gig backup file. How the user managed to get that amount into the database is a mystery.

@mreccentric
You could use phpMyadmin if you can get in, and start dropping tables. But! your losing data.

If you can use an ftp client and login, you may be able to copy the files in the /public_html directory. Then remove them all (not send to trash). You may be able to backup the database a few tables at a time. That will take forever. Better to request disk increase and fix file permissions.

mreccentric

Reaction score
Okay. I shall wait for something from the admins here.
The reason why my db was so heavy was that i didn't have spam filters in place, people spammed my site a lot, but now, i have removed most of it.

If increase in disk space will eliminate the problem, i shall apply for it.

mreccentric

Reaction score
The mailbox is empty. But, for me, it somewhere seemed like it was taking some 100s of MB.

Admins. Please look into the issue.

Update: Now the disk usage seems to be well under the allotted space. Yet, the main site url is delivering a 403 error. Please check.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i changed your public_html permissions to 755 and now website works.
generally the permission should be 755 for folders and 644 for files.
anything else could result in things not working.

i see you have the ability to create .zip archives now.
id suggest creating backups in .zip format, not tar.gz
tar.gz does not appear to be working.

then download those backups to your computer,
remember to delete those off the server.
you should be able to remove the tar.gz files as well as the 0 byte ones.
you are not allowed to store unused files on the free accounts.

Last edited:

Selfmade0909

Reaction score
I’m getting Error 404 Not Found On My Domain, I think I mistakenly delete my domain folder in my file manager and it’s not even in trash. How can I get this error resolved.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I’m getting Error 404 Not Found On My Domain, I think I mistakenly delete my domain folder in my file manager and it’s not even in trash. How can I get this error resolved.
please stop making multiple posts

mreccentric

Reaction score
Thank You Very Much @spacresx . I appreciate that.
Thanks for everyone in this thread who helped me in cleaning up the disk space.

I shall work on backing up and trashing unwanted files today.

P.S.: Please delete the words including my site URL or anything that is a matter of privacy/security of my site (from your posts). Thanks in advance.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
P.S.: Please delete the words including my site URL or anything that is a matter of privacy/security of my site (from your posts). Thanks in advance.
i do not see anything that would effect a privacy/security issue with your account.
only staff can check this or so anything about it.
but i dont see anything.