Jesse Manalansan - behind the World Wide Web

Jesse

Reaction score
Guys, please check out my Blog.

http://jmanalansan.com

Tell me what ya think about the theme. hehe.
Also Suggestions or Feedbacks would be appreciated.

oh by the way, Maybe since you visited it, dont forget to leave a comment on one of the post :p

One last thing, maybe if someone could help me think up of a better tagline for my blog?

Hehe, thanks everyone.

Last edited:

tony2010forever

Reaction score
very beauty theme but where is Google ads
Edit:
oh by the way, Maybe since you visited it, dont forget to leave a comment on one of the post :p

One last thing, maybe if someone could help me think up of a better tagline for my blog?

Hehe, thanks everyone.

i can help you

but what type of blogs is this

like google auto adding

or adding manual

Last edited:

Jesse

Reaction score
I havent set upped Google adsense yet. but soon :)
It's adding manual.

freecrm

Reaction score
What do u mean?

I didn't get this either!

For the record, I love this style!!!

The only thing I thought didn't look right was the html background colour. The dark blue seems to contrast too much with the really nice burgundy's in the header and h1/h2's.

What about a similar background to your wrapper, but a bit darker? Or even a grey? #eee?

Secondly, you have an issue with your header image - it looks like (without going through your .css) that you have a fixed margin-left to suit a particular resolution.

As the res changes, the image stays where it is relative to the left margin and not relative to the wrapper.

I am viewing in IE6!!

In addition, your tag clound has no padding-left. Is this because the content is not within <p></p>?

Generally very slick! (I use similar css layout on my site but it don't look as cool!)

JuniorD

Reaction score
Nice, but not extraordinary. Fairly simple layout, with something very weird going on with the background. I really never was a fan of pattern backgrounds, but it does go, but it seems a bit too light to go with the rest of the template. The gloss on the things such as "recent posts" (the bar) isn't distinguished enough, and it makes it look sort of blurry and out of focus. Otherwise, pretty well.

My Rating: 9.2/10 (Couldn't decide between .5)

Edit: Also, with the favicon, I think it should be black to match the other RSS feed icon. Just to be anal. :p

Last edited:

Jesse

Reaction score
Hey just installed a new theme on the blog. lol.

Btw, maybe you guys can comment on some articles ^^

thanks.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm too tired to comment on your articles. I bet if you bugged zen-r enough, he'd do a very nice job at that. ;)

But I'll say what I think of your new theme: Wow. I like it. Did you code that yourself or just got a read-to-install theme?
Anyways, the only suggestion I have for improvement is to take a look at the screen shot and either add a byline in area 1. or some small non distracting image in the approximate area 2.

That's my suggestion, hope it helps. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 14

marasm

Reaction score
Hi,

Your theme is pretty cool. But there is one problem with your site - it requires 164 request to load the home page. It takes about 8 seconds on my machine.

Besides you have 2 links to style-blue.css - one of them points to the file that not exists ( https://jmanalansan.com/style-blue.css ) - the other one is good ( https://jmanalansan.com/wp-content/themes/cleanpress/style-blue.css ).

Downloading transparent.gif 100 times from the external server is not the best idea if the server is slow (and http-s1.simplecdn.net which you use works slowly for me). You should double check the code and change the links to this file to use your server.

Nevertheless, pretty goof job :) Grats