Jetico firewall

fireput

Reaction score
anyone familiar with configuration of jetico firewall here ? I have this problem, its complicated to use ... any suggestions?

Swiblet

Reaction score
I suggest ZoneAlarm firewall. It is simple, powerful (too powerful at times...), comes with its own antivirus/spyware blocker+scanner....yeah, I loved it back when I used it.

~~Ben

fireput

Reaction score
After reading a promising review, I uninstalled [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]ZoneAlarm[/FONT][/FONT] Free, and installed Comodo Firewall Pro. I had no problem with installation and configuration, but I noticed when visiting the Netflix site that individual images were loading much more slowly than usual.

I ran some bandwidth tester, that attempts to gather "real world" speed results, rather than simply transfer large files.

Sure enough, when I set Comodo's security to "Allow All," my speed tests run about 35-37KB/s, which is more-or-less what I expect. When I change the security level to "Custom," the results drop to a meager 8-10KB/s.

This is a much higher performance impact than I anticipated. Can anyone tell me what is causing the slowdown, and how I can remedy the problem without having to compromise security any more than necessary?

Many thanks.

I prefer Comodo firewall.
It's MUCH more secure then both the free AND paid versions of ZoneAlarm:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/wi...ysis/leak-tests-results.php#firewalls-ratings

In fact, the Free version of Zonealarm has a "Very Poor" rating.

I used to use Jetico as well, but you're right... it's too hard to configure.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I think ZoneAlarm is the best. It's better than KasperSky because KasperSky lags my computer really bad. ZoneAlarm doesn't lag it at all but instead it blocks things.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You can try the Comodo Firewall, it is good....but slightly irritating. But best of all free :)

fireput

Reaction score
I have tried out Comodo Firewall, but wonder why there's a drastic drop in speed.

The drop in speed is quite obvious, I use to have 54Mbps but only experienced 12Mbps now.

Wonder anybody can help?

You can try the Comodo Firewall, it is good....but slightly irritating. But best of all free :)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I tried the whole comodo suite of AV, firewall, spyware, etc., and yes... sluggish at times!

Now I'm of the view that a decent antivirus, common sense when browsing/downloading, tighter than average security settings, and the standard Vista/XP firewall should be enough... So that's what I have. Pretty easy to configure :)

ufclan

Reaction score
If you ask me comodo is a very bad choice because it throuly scans everything you do in the net that's why u are loosing so much speed.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
ufclan: Firewalls are built for that purpose, so that they scan everything, and I have noticed no decrease in download speeds. And according to CNET DOWNLOAD.COM it was voted the best by users all around the world. It works great if you have configured it right.....

manzoor

Reaction score
Use ZoneAlarm I have been using it for 2 months and haven't faced any problems yet I'm happy with it.

ZoneAlarm saved my PC at first when I didn't use any kinds of firewalls my PC was often restarted and I think it was because some one on my network was able to access it through any tool But now when I installed ZoneAlarm, it blocked everything except the things which I wanted to access the internet and now he cannot even see my ping :D LoL