joomla ads on different templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirtak143

Reaction score
i have followed the instructions here, but it wont work for all other templates. why?

can sum1 help me out? it only works on the default template. it doesnt work on other templates i have downloaded... :happysad:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You need to edit the header files for the new templates you install, these header files are in the template folders.

anirtak143

Reaction score
no header file available. ^^
and by the way, the tutorial above does not involve the editing of php and html files. it uses a module so i expected it to work on all pages or templates. ^^

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm, do you know much about php? If you do you could probably create a header.php file and put the ad code in it, then in the index you could put include("header.php")

anirtak143

Reaction score
how do i call the header file? im not really sure if i can do it but i can surely try.. i can understand different syntaxes but i dont know keywords and programming.. hehe

for the header file, ill simply refer to some header files i have in my wordpress installation.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The tutorial I believe will not work for all templates, it is designed for standard one plus any that use the same type of layout.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.