joomla login problem

abhi666

Reaction score
hello
As soon as i login after a few seconds i.e when i try to click on any option, i am asked to login again. I asked it in the joomla forum they told me to request the host to check whether sessions.save_path directory is writable and make it writable if not.
plz do that for me my account id id abhi666
thank u

abhi666

Reaction score
i am using joomla 1.0.13
i have installed it from fantastico

thank u for the reply

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
maybe your cookies are corupt. or your browser does not store the cookies on your PC. check this by going to Tools, internet Options, Browsing History> settings, and see how much disk space is being used. IM not sure thuogh. It might be your Joomla version. But if you are loging into the admin cp after loging in, you are required by the settings to log in again, unless you changed that...

medphoenix

Reaction score
It should be done regard to php.ini file. So only administrators can do it.
OTHERWISE try on this way ->
If nothing will helpful, then backup your full site with mySQL database
after it Delete your joomla installation.
Re install it again and restore the database

abhi666

Reaction score
thank u for the replies
I am new to web designing, this is my first one and hence i am using joomla.
I do not know much about backup files my sql database and to restore again can u help me with that. I have not completed the construction yet most of the part is completed. So i need to back but do not know how
plz help me

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
you can back up MYSQL databases in Cpanel. look for the option that says backup databases, or somthing along those lines

abhi666

Reaction score
well i did install again and started constructing the site again but no use. Its irritating me like anything. But couldn't change to another cms.
plz give me a solution

medphoenix

Reaction score
You may post here http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/ , but indicate that you have problem with sessions.save_path directory problem. Don't start the thread with Joomla, but start with sessions.save_path directory problem. So the administrators could see your post and make a respond.

abhi666

Reaction score
well i have posted it, i am asked to req for the upgrade of php
so i did waiting for the reply