joomla site messed up (will pay credits for solution!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksing

Reaction score
My php version is intermediate, and I have joomla 1.5RC4 installed, with the whyld template.

please look at my site: www.recipedia.co.nr
here is a site that shows off the template http://muffindcc.com/demo/whyld/

I just installed joomla on these servers after trying it out at home. The site displayed fine on my home server.

Please help, I really want to get this working
Edit:
someone please help... does joomla need the advanced php configuration?
Edit:
anyone?? this is such a good host - except for this one problem.. i have no idea why its doing this!! (is there an irc channel for x10??)
Edit:
some more info.. the content section is shifted over to the right for some reason, and the top links show wired images by them..

Last edited:

Jesse

Reaction score
The site is fine with me. Maybe the problem is in your screen resolution or browser.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You must of changed the template. It is designed for 3 columns. Also the main links images aren't the same and jump all over the place.

jacksing

Reaction score
thanks for the replies, im really lost.

Here is a picture of my current site here, see how the menu to the site is off to the right, and how there are two wierd images by the top menu:
7y5o41f.png

now here is my site, using the same template, on my home server. (it has more content and a modified header, but that is all):
6us2pvt.png

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are the versions of Joomla the same and have the same mods installed ?

Chris73

Reaction score
I think the template was installed incorrectly. I would suggest deleting the template.

Then log into joomla Administration panel. Go to installers/Templates-site upload and install. Let me know if that works.

Also like posted above make sure both joomla on your home server and on the website here on x10hosting are the same versions.

Some templates will only work for certain versions.

Last edited:

jacksing

Reaction score
wow, im so stupid...

after reinstalling joomla I went through comparing all the settings one by one...

the "Menu Class Suffix" in the advanced parameters needed to be set to "-menu" why it wasnt like that in the first place i have no idea..

chris73 and DefecTalisman - thanks for your help with this problem, how much of a donation do you both want? im new so not sure how much credits are actually "worth"

jacksing

Reaction score
well thanks so much then, it really helps to have people to discuss these things with.

Status
Not open for further replies.