Joomla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Zone

Reaction score
Hey guys .. my hosting account just created and when i try to install joomla from fantastico .. its gaves me that message
The installation can not be completed:- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain youthworld.exofire.net, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain youthworld.exofire.net (path="/home/shindy/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
images
so what can i do?

sunils

Reaction score
I donot know whether its the right place to post. but i am just posting the solution. Create a directory within your public_html folder, then ask the joomla to install in the new directory.

Death Zone

Reaction score
OH yeah .. im sorry i press at the wrong place .. i hope any one the mods here move the topic to the right place ...

i want set up jommla at the root dir. !

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi !
Go to cpanel->file manager then rename "images" folder to anything(you may also delete
it).Then there Two possible joomla installation options:
1. If you want youthworld.exofire.net, then in joomla installation page leave the second box pertaining to creation of folder blank.
2.If you want youthworld.exofire.net/YOURFOLDER, then create YOURFOLDER
in the earlier said box.
And you are done with it.
Bye

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Administrators !
Please mark it resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.