JSP help

sanjosepimpdaddy39

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to do a project for school where I have to install tomcat and create a JSP website.
The goal is to use google API's to create a "webapp" that will give you a list of businesses that are around you(address you enter). We have to use Java.

I want to know If I can install tomcat and actually run a JSP site hosted by x10hosting. I know some hosting providers don't offer it that's why I want to know.

Please let me know.
Thanks a lot.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Not available on free servers. Doesn't look like the paid hosting servers either. You would have to get a VPS here.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If it's for class and the school doesn't offer their own resources for you to use, you should be allowed to install everything on your own computer (you should use your own machine for development, in any case) and have the teacher access your machine from somewhere on the same network at a pre-scheduled time. You could also use a dynamic DNS service so the teacher could easily find your server from just about any network.

If the assignment requires you to install a JSP server and doesn't allow you to use a host where it's pre-installed, you'll either have to use your own computer or wind up paying a host. It's extremely unlikely that you'll find a free service that gives you the sort of control required to install and run arbitrary server software.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
PM me for a Free host that advertises JSP support.