Just got dreamweaver, webspace, and a template. Need help!

mr. stevens

Reaction score
Hello all,

I went out and got dreamweaver cs3 after I got this domain:

www.spartansupport.cc.co

I downloaded this template:

http://www.freecsstemplates.org/preview/bestfriends

Once I got the dreamweaver installed and I opened up the template I have all kinds of problems!

1. Once I got the code file open. I am not able to preview it. When I went into edit, it lists both of my browsers. Internet explorer and Firefox are both listed. When I check them and save it will still not show a preview! Anyway to correct this?

2. When I tried to edit the images, it says I need to get photoshop. Will I need to get that program as well?

3. My most basic question is this. Will I be able to eventually take this template edit the words, maybe adjust or change the images, save the file, and then put the code on my webspace?

Very confused. Need a little direction if possible.

digitalimages

Reaction score
First off I use CS4 but they are "basically" the same. (from CS4)

1. In dreamweaver you can view "code"only, "split" (code and design), "design" or "live view" You can edit in both the code and design panes.
  2. At the top in the tool bar there is a globe that looks like the earth with a down arrow. when you mouse over it it it says "preview/debug in browser" click on the down arrow, it opens up a window with your various browsers and you choose which one you want and then click on the preview in xxx (your browser) if the file has not been saved it will ask you to save it.
  3. You do not need Photoshop to edit images, any photo editor will do. I suggest that you edit your images outside of Dreamweaver. I use Paintshop or photopaint, but as I siad any photo editor will work.Save all you images to the same folder as your css and your web pages. I usually make a picts or a images folder and link to that through the html
  4. As for your most basic question the answer is a "diffinitive" YES. Dreamweaver is a very good program with a lot of capabilites. Check out the tutorials and the help and you will eventually get on to using this program
Nice template....cute puppy!!

spypatrol007

Reaction score
Use Adobe Dreamweaver Cs4 there same as Cs3 next is Yes i recommend you to use photoshop so u can edit your template so you can put hyperlinks,banners,flash and many more.:biggrin: