komodo linux available for download

komodolinux

Reaction score
hi all,

a great little linux distribution, komodo linux, released its first official release this week.

feel free to download it from http://komodo.x10hosting.com

as the developer i may be biased.

however I would like to give my thanks to x10hosting for allowing me to host on their server.

Akkarin

Reaction score
This is pretty nice, but I have never used linux before, could you make a documnetation or guide on how to install and run it?

hartap

Reaction score
maybe u can build ur site with cms, so u can post the news, the manual, the bugs, the upgrade and user who using the distro can clearly tract the progress of the distro

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
I like the screen shots, I usually use SuSE. I was wondering if you could put a feature for wifi cards. I want to use linux on my laptop and have a Linksys card. WPC11 and WUSB11. I would help you with testing and stuff if you could get those things to work.

FeestBijtje

Reaction score
Is you're distro using YUM or APT-GET or Emerge?
It realy looks nice :)
And is there video drivers support for it?

komodolinux

Reaction score
ok.

strictly speaking i only customised it. the main work was undertaken by textar on his pclinuxos. thats why i say its derived from pclinuxos on the distro.

i will ask tex about wifi when i get a chance.

akkarin I will look into documentation. my priority so far has been getting the product working it has taken a while to learn how to create it and fix bugs.

when you say you have never used linux can you post a heap of questions to the email on my website? that way i will be able to begin knowing how to cover a faq.

to get applications komodo uses either synaptic or the standard package manager built into drake. the name eludes me now.

hartap. i am also looking into site technologies. at present the project is really a one man show so the site is being done as and when can.

komodolinux

Reaction score
komodolinux said:
ok.

akkarin I will look into documentation. my priority so far has been getting the product working it has taken a while to learn how to create it and fix bugs.

when you say you have never used linux can you post a heap of questions to the email on my website? that way i will be able to begin knowing how to cover a faq.

documentation on how to install the distro has now been uploaded. it is mostly taken from the PCLinuxOS site but has been slightly adapted to reflect komodolinux.

the rest of the points will be looked into as time permits.