Layouts 5 and 6...and maybe more....

Conor

Reaction score
Uhh usually we can crit your layouts if you show us an example of what kind of content each section would hold, where the navigation is, etc.

Also, do you know how to slice and code these? If not I would recommend you stop making them in PS until you learn.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Number 5's color scheme isn't good.. orange and green? It's just awkward.. 5/10

Layout 6 is awesome though; i'd give it a 9/10. Spruce it up with some fancy graphics and it'll look awesome.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
SEÑOR said:
Wow Really Thanks!!!!

By the way, take note of Conor's advice; slicing in photoshop will help reduce loading times.. if that image just doesn't happen to load, a content-only site will look quite odd..

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
My advice to you is to stop using Photoshop and ImageReady to make templates. Photoshop is an image editing program, not a web development environment. Just because it has "slice" doesn't mean you should use it. You should go out and buy a book on how to develop real, valid templates using XHTML and CSS.

To start learning about how to make a good template... figure out why it's bad to use a 309px * 220px solid color box for a background, why iframes are the dumbest thing ever invented, and why you shouldn't use tables to layout the elements on your site....

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
So ur syaing i shoodnt be creating templates in phoroshop because its bad to.......

Conor

Reaction score
Yeah. For your purposes it would be much cleaner, and easier to make it in CSS and HTML. Solid colors are easy to do with background colours etc. Images slow down load times and make it harder to keep a proper structure.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
I know but you dont get same effects out of pictures and pictures dont load that slow....

Conor

Reaction score
SEÑOR said:
I know but you dont get same effects out of pictures and pictures dont load that slow....
That made no sense.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Conor said:
That made no sense.

Lol i dunno, can you send me some tutorials or whatever on how i shood be making sites?

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Last edited: