LOL ~ review my site!

EAGarcia

Reaction score
Hello, ive been building this site slowly since 2007 and just wanted any constructive (destructive also welcomed) criticism. anyways heres the link

http://www.thehiddenweb.net/

also one question, does x10hosting.com do Vibrant ads on their forums? you know those green words that are double underlined and when you move your mouse over them a big @$$ ad pops up. im suspicious about these as it could just be adware on my computer and loading it on every forum.

most links dont work though lol, just hardware software forums and blog. everything else is broken cuase I HAVENT PUT THE PAGES YET =)

i did all graphics by myself, all written stuff, and coding. xD

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
x10 has those ads to generate key word advertisement. Heck, when I don't have my PSP on my network at home I see the links for the ads, but the Javascript in the browser doesn't understand the code. Otherwise, unless those ads come up on every page of every site you go to, there should be no worry of adware in your comp.

Also, from my PSP your site is looking good!

tittat

Reaction score
oh the site not loading...will have a try later....

sunils

Reaction score
Good one. will give 7/10.

About your doubt, i think you have installed snap-in. or some site offer this type of advertisement. I havnt seen one in x10forum

dwd2000

Reaction score
Very nice and professional looking. Good job on the graphics. I'm assuming you have two ads on the site. I am using Firefox, with the ad blocker, so two banners didn't show up. The one at the top-right and the big one on the left side. Very nice.

KentonBomb

Reaction score
I really like it.

Although the cleanliness of the layout lacks just slightly, It's nice on the eyes, and it's easy navigable.

One thing I must critique you on is the lines in the background. You should space them far less apart, and make them less thick. It doesn't look right IMO.

Other that that, the layout is very solid and great. I give you a 7/10 as well.

FalseHope

Reaction score
Nice site. I would suggest either making the blog and forums apart of the site, or making/getting templates to match the website. Other than that, very nice work.

rlodge

Reaction score
Very clean site. I would try to have a link back to your site from the forum, though. Other than that, very professional looking.

dotaloc

Reaction score
good site!

I like it. I've considered making a site like this for a while. The layout is effective and nothing strikes me as unprofessional or annoying. i like the background...a little different than that of most sites.

Not sure if you are linking to outside content (for tutorials and such) or just doing it in house, but if you want any help with the tutorials, software, and how-to guides, let me know.

The only recommendation I have for the layout would be to change the alignment of the text in the sections (Intro, Hardware, Software) to left. For me, the centering doesn't really work well with the images.

Your graphic under software/pictures reminded me of this album cover from Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm by Tourniquet

Mvoatr.JPG

i'm sure it's the butterfly and the magnifying glass.

dotaloc

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

Not at all bad! Not keen on the hatched angled lines in the strips tp the right and left of the screen on the landing page. The changes in appearance b etween the main pages and the forum weaken the impact of the site. I couldn't get the tutorials working.

Best regards