Mail Forwarders and default address problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrigu5

Reaction score
I have this problem since january. It was moved to level 2 support (http://forums.x10hosting.com/level-two-support/52496-mail-forwareder-default-address.html) but suddenly was closed without being solved. Last update was Corey asking me to create him an email account and PM the details (done).

My site www.rodriguezgarcia.com is not forwarding nor bouncing mail sent to @rodriguezgarcia.com (2 accounts forward to a gmail account and anything else should be bounced back). Everything is properly set in cpanel. User = rodrigu5.

It used to work before the server move.

Whenever I sent mail to admin@rodriguezgarcia.com or guestbook@rodriguezgarcia.com I just get a mail delivery error after a couple of days. Mail sent to anyother account at the same domain get the same result instead of the standard "no such user here" set in the default address section of cpanel.

Thanks.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll move this to "Level 2 Support" and ask Corey to check this thread.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Is it working now?
cPanel last update fixed an issue about mail.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Please check again now, I've run a script on your server to fix "everything".
If it still doesn't work, try removing the forwarder and adding it again.

rodrigu5

Reaction score
Thankyou.

I removed my two forwarders, added them back, added a new forwarder to a different email account, set a default address for unrouted email and finally set it back to a "no such person here" message, but nothing seems to happen.

Every mail I sent to my domain seems to be lost, I suppose I will receive error messages from my srvers after several days saying the messages were undeliberable as it has been the case for the last 3 months.

I'm I the only one using forwarders or Just the only one with a problem?

Thanks again.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
I see you've the following thee forwarders set-up:
admin AT rodriguezgarcia DOT com
cit AT rodriguezgarcia DOT com
guestbook AT rodriguezgarcia DOT com

But you don't have any e-mail account created. You should create them first.

Last edited:

rodrigu5

Reaction score
Tried your suggestion for 2 of the accounts mentioned (and recreated the forwarders) but didn't work. I'm almost sure it used to work before without creating the email accounts first.

But anyway, what about the "Default Address". I understand (and I think it's how it used to work before) any unrouted mail sent to the domain should receive the defined message immediatly or redirected to the specified account (depending on how it's set), and that's not working either.

Thanks.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
I'll pass this thread to an Administrator, to check your account.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I added some entries for the domain, can you see if it works now?

Status
Not open for further replies.