mail() function is disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker9099

Reaction score
Hey there. I've just got my free hosting a few days ago. I was trying to do a Flash contact form and then I tested my PHP script and here's what I got:
Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/kassem/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 33

and now I tried to check phpinfo() and here's what I got as well:
Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/kassem/public_html/contact/phpInfo.php on line 2

Why is it disabled and how can I work this out?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey there. I've just got my free hosting a few days ago. I was trying to do a Flash contact form and then I tested my PHP script and here's what I got:

Why is it disabled and how can I work this out?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, temporarily the mail() function disabled. check the status at http://status.x10hosting.com

It will be back soon.

EDIT:
I think you can use SMTP temporarily.

Last edited:

striker9099

Reaction score
Oh I see... thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

Hopefully they would get it working soon because the mail() function is very important. By the way, are there any external PHP mail clients available? like PHPMailer for example...

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh I see... thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

Hopefully they would get it working soon because the mail() function is very important. By the way, are there any external PHP mail clients available? like PHPMailer for example...

What ever mailer script you want to use, I think you can set mails to be sent through smtp temporarily. Once the php mail() is enabled, it can set back.

shawn123

Reaction score
darn, mail() is very important to everyone who has contact form. looking forward for their steadfast resolution.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
darn, mail() is very important to everyone who has contact form. looking forward for their steadfast resolution.

There is no ETA regarding this, But staff aware this and this will be in the things to be resolved soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.