Main ASP page opens as text

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbscab

Reaction score
Hi. I've uploaded my site from a local copy I use for testing. I have a file 'INDEX.HTML' in the root which successfully redirects to the main page, HOME.ASP, which is in a folder 'ASP' off the root.

This file has an INCLUDE for another ASP file and an HTML file. However, on loading, this page displays the raw ASP, rather than the generated HTML. I have tried all manner of combinations of the INCLUDE directive (i.e. using FILE (with full and relative paths, back-slashes and forward-slashes) and VIRTUAL but, from your Control Panel, can't work out what the virtual directory name is. So:

- do you support old, original ASP, rather than ASP.Net?
- if so, what should my INCLUDE directive look like? My home directory is '/home/shoot43', domain is 'eltham.eagles.x10hosting.com'

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Since we do not directly use microsoft's technologies, but rather a .NET emulator, we only support ASP.NET, not the old ASP.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
as far as i can tell, the original ASP is only supported on windows based servers. X10 only supports ASP.net running on mono(as x10 uses linux servers), specifically supporting 2.0 of the equivalent Microsoft .net technology(as monos versioning is a bit different)

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Some of 3.0 and 3.5 is supported, but the best support is in 2.0

vbscab

Reaction score
I simply don't have time to convert the site to ASP.Net at present so please take this post as my authority for you to delete my account and all files pertaining to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.