Make it to the first Google result

talklyx1

Reaction score
My site talkly.co doesn't show up on Google when I type in Talkly but it comes up when I type in talkly.co

Any ideas on how to make it show up for both?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sure. All you need to do is become more popular and trustworthy than github, a Twitter user with a metric craptonne of followers, cheap Chinese toy walky-talkies, YouTube "cute baby" videos, a talk page about the LY country code top level domain on Wikipedia, etc., etc. Oh, and you should probably expect to find a talk.ly Silicon Valley startup popping up every once in a while as well. (It'll die, like most do, but when the year is up and the domain becomes available again, someone else will give it a try.)

In other words, you've picked something that's pretty common, and the chances of you becoming the go-to site for the keyword "talkly" are very, very slim. And if you use any of the usual SEO tricks to climb the rankings inorganically, you will be hit with a page penalty. Like RapGenius, which got a "-30" -- that is, they would show up 30 pages later in the rankings than normal -- for soliciting links. It took a lot of work for them to fix it, and they pretty much disappeared from the Googles for a couple of weeks. And that was for a site that normally ranked #1 or #2 for any given lyric search.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Then use that account to crank up your domain. Your website alone won't do it, you need to leverage all of the tools you have at your disposal.

talklyx1

Reaction score
Are you referring to my @talkly account? Because that's in the first couple results

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. If that's rating high, you just might want to consider linking to your site every few tweets for starters.