Making a new style for my website

Zenax

Reaction score
I think its allright, except the wood thing, just aint right .... for some reason..

6/10

Regards,
Zenax

monkey dust

Reaction score
i wud reccomend changing the wood to metal or possible like a kitchen worktop black granite

Cynical

Reaction score
It's cool because it is unique but it's going to be a bear for your 56K users...

Zenax

Reaction score
Just had a cool thought.

You know the MP3 part where you have the nav! What would be cool is if you made the arrows on the mp3 player like navigation buttons so when you go over them it scrolls down the navigation!

I thought that might be a good idea!

Good look with the design!

Regards,
Zenax

dharmil

Reaction score
yeah that site is very nice it would look very good if you did it in flash..

poringy

Reaction score
Wow, didn't expect so many comments from people. This is great. :)

I think its allright, except the wood thing, just aint right .... for some reason..

6/10
Yeah, the wood was done pretty fast. I'll fix it up when I finish the main screen for the main web content.

You know the MP3 part where you have the nav! What would be cool is if you made the arrows on the mp3 player like navigation buttons so when you go over them it scrolls down the navigation!

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. I'm trying to make a HTML/PHP version, a HTML/PHP/Flash version, and a pure flash version. Thanks for that suggestion, it reminded me of adding something.

make it a little smaller or something because I hate to view it

Yeah, I noticed that. My friends were complaining about having to scroll for miles. :) I'll make it small once I'm done. The preview is to give people a close up view of the workspace that I have in photoshop. But... now that you have said something about it, maybe I should provide a thumbnail view of it and tell people to click on it if they want.

i wud reccomend changing the wood to metal or possible like a kitchen worktop black granite

Wow, now that isn't such a bad idea. I was just making the site look like a ordinary desk area but now when I think of it, the site will have a better color scheme if I do this.

It's cool because it is unique but it's going to be a bear for your 56K users...

Yep, that's a big problem for dial up users. I'm planning to manually optimize all the pictures that make up the site and also provide a minimal version composed mainly of text. The buttons on the PocketPC will allow the user to change the skin, quality, or the ability to have a zoom view of the site.

Thanks for all the comments, that helped a lot!

Last edited:

poringy

Reaction score
Well, I've resized it to fit most computers nowadays (923 x 673). I don't really think that many people use 800x600 as much now (all the people in my buddylist don't, except the one playing counterstrike 1.6).

I just want to know people's thoughts right now on it. I'm adding an advert panel soon enough. :)

dharmil

Reaction score
Cynical said:

i think you could do
PHP:
ini_set('zlib.output_compression_level', 7);
ob_start("ob_gzhandler");

and that might help a little i guess

poringy

Reaction score
It used to be 490kb but now it's around 190kb. Still, that code will come in handy for a slider where someone just wants fast browsing. Thanks for the tip. :)