Mambo help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbforum

Reaction score
You installed with fantastico? Did you change anything in the configuration?

dbforum

Reaction score
I found a thread on mambers.com that looks a bit similar to your problem:

http://www.mambers.com/showthread.php?t=6629

If I understood you right, you only saw you admin pages and didn't see your site at all? That's quite strange. I also read something about a template bug in an older version but when you installed by fantastico you should have the latest version, so that can't be the problem...

Hun-Ta

Reaction score
yea, i can view admin pages... not the main site, click the links for ur self to see ma problem.

that post on mambers doesnt really help very much (sorry) cos its soooo fustrating lol! am willing to let anybody who wants to help to have ma password to ma cpanel etc so they can fix LOL!

dbforum

Reaction score
I cant see your admin pages as well, also blank page, not even a message

dbforum

Reaction score
Yes I can see you admin now. It's of course adminstrator/ ...also forgot that (kept trying administration/ ;) )

Hun-Ta

Reaction score
i mean the steps within fantastico... email address.... where du u wanna install it...

i havent edited anythin else, just the admin works, and the rest doesnt...

Hun-Ta

Reaction score
erm the index.php is chmodded - 644
other than that i havn't eddit the files since fantastico install them for me...

Hun-Ta

Reaction score
i installed ther ebecause i have phpnuke installed in "/"

Hun-Ta

Reaction score
access rights to the main folder... i dont acutally know... nor know how to find it out!

dbforum

Reaction score
go to your cpanel and than go to file manager
behind the folder name the rights are displayed (in your case /www/site)

dbforum

Reaction score
of your www/ i think?
your mambo directory should be 755, but if your mambo dir was 750 you should have had an no permission message instead of a blank page....
what are the permissions of your mambo configuration file (configuration.php)? Did you make your site directory yourself or was it made by fantastico?

dbforum

Reaction score
The only roblem I can think of is a problem with permissions to mambo file. Check in your admin if configuration file is writable, if that's the case, I don't know how to solve. Did you do a reinstall? That's done in a few secs and doens't matter if you didn't put any content in your mambo anyway. If you can't solve the problem, try a mambo forum as mambers.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.