Mambo Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotrod

Reaction score
I dont know if you guys know nhow to fix this since it isnt your software. But when anyone trys to add an image on it the pop up looks like this:

mamboerror2ks.png

When i click aply or waht ever. it doesnt work. and it should show the real text. If anyone knows, please help.

and the Config file is Unwritable. also help with that.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you have to CHMOD some files, I'm not sure exactly which ones since I've never used Mambo... it is usually in the installation instructions though.

-Corey

Matt

Reaction score
that doesnt work, i use mambo. alot of stuff wont work in the html editor. go to mambofrge.net and get html area x3d, i think its called. its muche better, though it has its bugs. your gonna want to ftp all your media into the "media" folder, and then place them in the content using the plain text html editor. it takes a while, but hey! your learning html, too!

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hotrod said:
I dont know if you guys know nhow to fix this since it isnt your software. But when anyone trys to add an image on it the pop up looks like this:

When i click aply or waht ever. it doesnt work. and it should show the real text. If anyone knows, please help.

and the Config file is Unwritable. also help with that.
Thats why I use MKportal, It's a great piece of software :happy: I have used mambo and it was pretty good, but I like Mkportal more :)

Richard

Reaction score
It looks like is not reading the language files. Make sure the language folder is chmod'd 755 and the files inside are 644. Also make sure that the whole language file was uploaded propery.

Hotrod

Reaction score
i did to all the files and they are writable. then when i was installing it it said, the config file can not be read or written. then it gave me a code to make a configuration.php file and i uploaded it.

Now the config file is writable but the language isnt working still.

Richard

Reaction score
Make sure that configuration.php is chmoded 666 (evel number) then goto Global Configuration and check all the settings and make sure all the settings. If you still have the problem post back here.

Hotrod

Reaction score
666? its 777. and its writable. and waht setting fdo i change in the Global Config for language? i looked

Richard

Reaction score
laguage settings are set in Locale it s the second tab. There are settings for Language and Country Locale. The defaults are English for language and en_GB for Locale.

Status
Not open for further replies.