mambo permissions on configuration.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

ymca

hi

there is an option in the admin panel / Global Configuration
(that you need to check it "v") - that makes me able to make the configuration.php overwrite itself.

now i dont see the "v" box & cannot change the configuration.php
to be overwrite again.

if i Set permissions on configuration.php in the file manager from cpanel it makes no different.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
do you mean from the file manger its self and chaning it to 666

flyingwolf

Reaction score
ymca said:
hi

there is an option in the admin panel / Global Configuration
(that you need to check it "v") - that makes me able to make the configuration.php overwrite itself.

now i dont see the "v" box & cannot change the configuration.php
to be overwrite again.

if i Set permissions on configuration.php in the file manager from cpanel it makes no different.
what version of Mambo are you using? Did you install through Fantastico or manually? Fantastico installs version 4.5.1 which i believe doesn't have this option yet. I would recommend manually installing the newest 4.5.2.2 stable which has the option (make unwritable after saving) - (plus many other improvements!).

In either case i would always go in through FTP or the CPanel Filemanager and chmod the permission of the configuration file to 777, then Refresh your global configuration page!! and it should show "configuration file writable" then make your changes in the global configuration then back to ftp or filemanager and make it unwritable again, that always worked for me.

-flyingwolf

Status
Not open for further replies.