mIRC connection port.

Parsa44

Reaction score
Been having trouble with this for quite a while now :mad: .
Usually I try to connect to irc.x10hosting.com through port 6667; I manage to connect to the IRC and get the starting message, but when I pick a channel I get disconnected.

This could be due to my port, what port do you guys use to connect to x10hosting's IRC channel?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You're using the right port, the question I'd have is whether you got glined from the server - gline lets you connect but force-disconnects you right away before you can do anything.

Is it saying anything in your status window at all? Usually if I get a disconnect I get something like "* Software Caused Connection Abort [errorcode]"; if it's a gline it should have a message there.

Should point out that if it -was- a gline you would probably know what it was for already, so my guess is it's not. Regardless, if it's giving an error, post it and we'll see if it's something we can fix :)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
From what I can see, you're not in the list of users banned by the server. In fact, there are no bans for any virgin media clients. Could be the Java client is being screwey -- try the link in my signature.