Mobile Brands

knutico

Reaction score
What's your favorite mobile brand and why?
Mine is Samsung, I've had Motorola and SonyEricsson before but until now Samsung is the only one that has satisfied me for better looks, I like the software and well I basically just love em

Last edited:

Veivei

Reaction score
My old HP iPaq 6325, I just love the features inside it especially the Wi-Fi that keeps me up to date with X10 forum :D

hp-ipaq-6325-g.jpg

knutico

Reaction score
oh dear, that phone just kicked mine's ass XD Samsung SGH E350E

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Mine is Nokia, no other company offers such variety and my choice is the N95

nokia_n95_1.jpg

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

me too I want iPhone.. but there's no telecom service for that here (i'm from somewhere without AT&T)

for me the best so far is Nokia, it's simple, easy to use and works well.

Mobile phones aren't just phones now huh? I hope there'll be a model that has a built-in refrigerator, so I won't be going home every now and then to grab my home made chilled drinks.

knutico

Reaction score
that'd be wonderful, btw u can wait a bit more until there are more unlocked iphones

Shishir

Reaction score
Well, I am using a noika N70. I like it because it got features of my liking. Moreover I think Nokia is better just because its so much user friendly. Other features like, Longivity, Connection, Battery life also helps it make the best.

shaunak

Reaction score
Mine is sony ericsson for the top notch quality and rugged build.

Vipey

Reaction score
I'm using a Nokia which is about 1 or 2 years old.
Its good for what I need it for, Texting and Phoning

skaja

Reaction score
im rocking a sidekick 3 . there is one thing i dont like about it cant watch youtube on it :(

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Let me think about this, hmm a company who originally made microwaves and kitchen appliances(samsung, LG, etc...).
A company who started out making Medical equipment(Siemens).

Or a choice of three companys who started making comunication devices(Nokia, Motorola, Ericsson).
Ok hold now, lets take a company who started making audio equipment and merge them with one of the founding cellular companies...

SONY ERICSSON.

Nokia is releasing a new phone every week, thus great variety but poor testing.

Look at almost any review and you will see SE is supperior in Audio, Picture quality, Software, Build and style.

I have a SE K800i and would not swop it for anything on the market at present. Its small, powerfull and has great pic quality. Unlike Nokias, when the OS encounters a prob it shuts down the phone and restarts it within 15 secs. Every N series I have seen that has a problem, it either just hangs or takes forever to sort it out.

In my eyes Nokia is the equivelant of Microsoft & SE is like Unix. All the other brands should stick to making washing machines.

Trixter

Reaction score
Lol Talisman! Agreed Except for the SE part. I love the software Samsung has managing their phones! have you tried the Samsung D500? thats a bulletproof phone and it NEVER crashes on me :D Unlike NOKIA, SE, Motorola OR LG (who have started to cleanup their act but its too little, too late in my opinion) I also love the Microsoft Jam (the original NOT the new versions AND Definitely NOT the KJAM!!!)

Its actually funny when I walk into a Microsoft function and all their management are using the same phone as me and refuse to upgrade to a newer model *whispers: "The new Microsoft and HTC models have so many bugs its not funny"* < "Direct Quote from a Microsoft Rep"

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Tried using it(D500), never owned one and proud of that. They anounce it phone of the year a few back and then a few months after that they recalled a whole load of them. And to bullet proof, one of my staff has a D500 that looks like it got shot at, either this is him really not taking care of it or the phone doesn't take abuse easily.

I mean with that phone Samsung tried to go from Zero to Hero in one model.

The only other phone I would have considered getting a year or so back, was the SE P990. I waited for it release for at least a year, then got tired of waiting and using my P800, so opted for a non symbian OS phone (K800i) and expected to be disapointed. Much to my surprise I was wrong. They really put thought in to the new SE's. I can use themes from most SE phones that are of a similar model number(generally similar software). The thing that knocked my socks off and I still use it today, is the option to sync via bluetooth to a PC and use my phone as a HID(Human Interface Device). I can control the cursor, basic keyboard functions and so on.

All in all I am impressed and see no need to change.
Edit:
Just an add on, one of the only brands to not offer GPS as of yet is SE. I am hoping this has something to do with the fact they will only settle for the best and go with a company like Garmine.

Features that SE could do with, a 3.5mm stereo jack for std ear phones and cables. They currently hand out the Walkman phones with a headset that does this.

Another great feature of SE, the charger interface has no pins or plugs and is a quick snap in/out idea. This prevents any damage to the boards when knocked whilst charging. The charger allows for another accessory to be plugged in to it... thus charging and using USB cable or headset.

With SE I can resonably easily flash the software on the phone myself and update it. Create my own themes from the downloadable Theme Creator.

Just a note to those using SE and the SE PC suit. Loose it, rather try out MyPhone Explorer. At the current version, it is almost fool proof. It is really easy to use and setup. It has functions that not even SE put in thier suit.
You can bring up a GUI that represents the phone keyboard. From here you can interact with the phone from your PC.
It also creates a audio gateway that allows any audio from the phone to be played via the PC, eg: incoming calls(also pops up on PC screen with callers ID), music/sounds playing from the phone, keypad sounds and so on. The gateway also allows for a mic on the PC.
There is a phone info option which gives more info than I could ever dream of, sms space(phone/sim), contact space (phone/sim), phone memory and card memory.
The Explorer even gives you accesss to dialled numbers/missed calls/incoming/outgoing calls.

All of this is freeware, try it !

Last edited:

intheclutch

Reaction score
I have an LG that's a few years old, but I'm quite happy with it. It does what i need it to do.

I personally don't understand the whole need for texting and multimedia on the phone...I have enough distractions as it is, I don't need them all on my phone.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
I have a samsung e635 or something like that. It's a slider phone and I think it's ok. Except for the fact that sometimes when the phone accidentally slides itself open and turns its self on.

faolan

Reaction score
I've only really used Kyocera and UTStarcomm phones. Indeed, I'm using a UTStarcomm CDMA phone right now. While I would like to go to a PDA phone, right now I just can't afford the upgrade *or* the internet service to go with it.

If I can't do the internet thing, I don't need anything more than I have now. Calling and SMS messaging are about all that I use. I don't even use MMS (that's your picture/video messaging for those that don't know the abbreviations) at all. After two years, the battery on my UTStarcomm is still running strong, and I haven't had a phone failure yet.

I'm sure there are better phones out there (I like Verizon's G'Z One Type S), but if I don't *need* to change, why should I?

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I also liked my old 486 with 40mb hard drive and 8mb ram ;P
But alota good that does me nowadays.

Slothie

Reaction score
I'm a previous SE User, moved over to nokia for the functionality. Nothing beats being able to skype and msn on my n95 :)