Multiple X10 logins

Status
Not open for further replies.

fguy64

Reaction score
Greetings

Right now If I login in on the x10 home page, I have to log in again with the same info if I want to post to the forum, and then a login with a different id for cpanel.

I have no issue with a different cpanel login, but I would like not to have to login a 2nd time for the forum.

I seem to recall a post about linking your account (not cpanel) login to your forum login, but I can't find it now.

Please advise.
Thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The linking refers to you having multiple services (forum, free hosting, paid hosting, etc) linked together logically, not with the same user name and password. As of yet, there is no possible way to use one login. I don't think this will change because CPanel and VBulletin don't share the same database.

fguy64

Reaction score
duly noted Garret, except my question has nothing to do with CPanel or hosting, free or otherwise.

It is about the forum and the Account Panel, which is different from hosting/cPanel no? Account Panel and forum use the exact same login information, cPanel uses different inforamtion. Since the Account Panel and the forum do use the same information, it would be nice not to have to enter it twice. Anyways, since I seldom have to use Account Panel, I suppose I should just log in at the forum page instead of the home page.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I just tell the forum to "remember me" and I never have to log in unless I log out. Too bad there's not that option for the account panel or cpanel.

fguy64

Reaction score
I just tell the forum to "remember me" and I never have to log in unless I log out. Too bad there's not that option for the account panel or cpanel.

My browser remembers the login information for account panel, so I just have to click login, but it doesn't remember the information for forums or cPanel :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Cpanel disables login "memory". On paid though, it does. Another reason I'm glad I switched :p

fguy64

Reaction score
To make matters worse, it seems like I am always having to log back in to the forum. I always have multiple tabs open in my browser, flipping back and forth. Either my session is timing out on me, or I lose a cookie when I change tabs. I'm using Google Chrome, but I only have this problem with this particular forum.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I have no problem with FF3. Maybe VBulletin has a problem setting cookies on Chrome?

fguy64

Reaction score
I have no problem with FF3. Maybe VBulletin has a problem setting cookies on Chrome?

Perhaps, but the issue seems to be time related. I can go to another tab and come back, but if any time longer than say 15 minutes passes by in between, I lose the session. Usually I am logged into three different boards at the same time. The other ones don't appear t be VBulletin.

I assume that all cookies relating to forum login are from x10hosting.com? Then Chrome shouldn't be an issue that I can see, but I'll try using IE for a day or two and see how it goes. I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.